WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#781   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2016, 05:22 PM

Hails from United States
Smile Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Ok so I'm brand new here and I have a serious passion for colored pencil works. I'm married to an Air Traffic Controller and we live near Denver. I have an Educator Certification and a degree in Political Science, but my passion has always been art. I love drawing scenes from my hometown, North Carolina. I also enjoy drawing animals as well. I'll be sure to post my latest picture. I look forward to being a part of such an awesome community!
  #782   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2016, 02:34 AM
ottawa

Hails from Canada
Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Hi everyone,
I've been away for a few years. I went back to school and opened a private practice,5 years ago, as an Art therapist.
I have two amazing children 18 and 21, 2 dogs, and 4 cats!
Happy to be back with this amazing group.
I welcome cc on my work!
Sandra
  #783   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2016, 04:47 AM

Hey everyone!
I'm Caro, 25 years old and from Germany. I work as a software engineer and try to draw as much as possible in my free time. I started drawing as a kid, but stoped in my teens. After my dog died I wanted to draw him and started to look into colored pencils. I like the precission colored pencils give me and now own two full sets. Looking forward to learn from all of you
  #784   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Temecula, California

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I'm Loraine...and I live in Temecula (Southern California) I just started my new hobby of coloring with colored pencils and I love it! I'll be an empty-nester in three years, so I thought it best to get started in some new hobbies to prepare myself for all the free time I'll have. I am also starting to dabble in watercolors and acrylics. I'm very new at this, but so excited about this venture!
  #785   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2016, 01:17 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Alison and I am a veterinary student currently living in the LA area, though I am from Michigan. I am new to cp art and mostly do pet portraits and wildlife art. Really excited to learn and chat with everyone here
  #786   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hello! I'm new to WC and to coloured pencils

My name is Virginie from Montreal, Canada and I've been working with fiber for a long time (knitting, spinning, crochet) but I'm very new to visual arts. I've started drawing with watercolour pencils about a month ago and now I'm hooked and just got myself the 72 Derwent watercolour pencil set .

Other than that, I'm 32, living with my fiancé (husband in less than 2 weeks), dog and parrot. I work 4 days a week in an office (not my passion :P) and I have my Etsy store where I sell handknit accessories that I knit the rest of the time.

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!
  #787   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast
Orrville, Ohio

Hails from United States

Hello everyone my name is Shane and I used to post on here a few years ago in the Airbrush forum mostly. I stopped because I wasn't Airbrushing that much and I started to seek an education. So here the about me is..

Married my high school sweet heart (married now 21 years, together 26). Had a son and daughter. My son died of suicide in 10/06/2011 at the age of 16, my daughter just graduated high school and is 19 and going to college.

I am an Army veteran with a service connected disability and the VA sent me to school to change my career to something more of a desk job. My BS degree is in Geography-Geographic Information Systems (12/2015) and surprise cannot find a job. My job before school I was a Union Commercial Painter and lost my job in 2008, but while seeking my degree I secured a seasonal painting crew leader job for the National Park Service at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park here in Ohio. That ended in 2013 and I was able to secure a full time position as a Painter with the Department of Veterans Services at the Cleveland VA hospital.

Even with all that I still have something in me that says I need to create and seems to be the only thing that matters. So now that I am in a better position and have a little more free time and am pushing forward with it and see where it goes. Thanks for reading....
  #788   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2016, 08:42 AM
Wales, UK

Hails from Wales
Smile Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Hi folks!

I'm Helen, returning to Wet Canvas after a long break. I live in Wales, UK.

I've been too ill to work or create art for five years, but I am happy to say that I am now almost recovered. During this time, as a side effect of steroid medication, I ended up with cataracts at age 45, and became legally blind for a while. As an artist, I found this pretty devastating as you can imagine. Not able to see colours, details, etc. Thankfully cataracts are easily fixed and I now have excellent vision once again. The experience has changed my outlook completely and I am now more determined than ever to make something of my creative skills. I feel that everything is so fragile - we really don't appreciate what we have until it's gone.

I usually work in watercolour and acrylics, but was recently given a set of Polychromos as a gift and am LOVING them. I'm here to learn as much as I can about the medium. After my long break I am SO out of practise at art that I feel as though I am starting from scratch.

I am always happy for con-crit and happy to meet new fellow artists.
  #789   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-13-2016, 02:28 AM

Hello, I got into colored pencils sort of sideways...by collecting them. Then I started making color charts; then I wanted to know more about working with colored pencils....

I am still very much a beginner in colored pencil. In the past I worked almost exclusively in fiber arts; especially knitting, crocheting, and spinning; but I damaged my shoulders because I tend to do everything to extremes (such as knitting for 12 hours per day...). I'm trying very hard NOT to do that with cp! It's really very interesting and I find my knowledge of color expanding daily.
  #790   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Hello, I'm Penny, 69 years old and live in England. I have drawn on and off all my life but have only just taken up painting in watercolours. I also thought I'd try coloured pencils.

Very good to have found this interesting community.
  #791   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Hello Everyone!

My name is Gladys, two grown children in their mid 20's, two dogs.
I teach art in a local school.
About my art: I started mainly as a portrait artist, working mostly with graphites and oil paints. Nowdays, I prefer using a sketchbook and working on colored pencils and watercolors.
  #792   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Mississippi

Hails from United States

Im new here. My first post was in the Welcome Forum. Im new to art. Until 2 weeks ago, my drawings were stick figures and pretty horrendous. I started watching some YouTube videos on the basics of drawing. While my renderings will not be anywhere near as refined as a lot of the stuff Ive seen on here, I hope by sharing and reading others' threads that I am able to advance. I would really appreciate c & c.

1) I dont know what Im doing.
2) Im willing to learn.

I hope Im able to contribute back someday. I look forward to interacting with you.
  #793   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Central Valley, California USA

Hails from United States

Hi Folks,

Greetings from the Central Valley area of California in the USA.

I'm very happy to have found this site and this topic. As a complete beginner, I hope to learn enough to be able to contribute someday. Until then I hope I don't wear out my welcome by asking too many novice questions.

Looking forward to participating!

Chuck
  #794   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Nesconset, NY, LI

Hails from United States

Hi,

I guess I don’t fit in very well because I do not consider myself an artist, but I love color (especially pencils).

I had an antique shop for 22 years (1978-2000) and I fell in love with Depression Glass because it comes in so many colors. I am one of the “old ones”, being 69 ½, (will be seventy in June). My husband passed away last year (July 8, 2015), just before we were married 50 years (would have been August 21, 2015). It was NOT a marriage “made in Heaven”, as we had totally different values with me being very honest and he being very dishonest. On top of that, he was very mean with a terrible temper. I honestly don’t know why I stuck with it, except for the fact that I was afraid to tell him I wanted a divorce (and I don’t know how we would have afforded to live separately). I didn’t even want to get married when we got married, but again too afraid to tell him.

I have always lived in Long Island, New York from the time I was 2 weeks old. I lived with my mother (my father passed away shortly before I was born) for the first 18 years of my life and then I got married (obviously too young to find the right person). When I got married, we lived in the same town I grew up in for an additional 23 years. Then we moved to another town called Nesconset (only about 8 miles away—it’s where I live now) and have been living there so far for 28 years. I do have a daughter who is now 50 years old (divorced with a lovely son) and an assortment of cats (except for one my daughter's boyfriend bought me--a Bengal), all either shelter cats or "lost and founds".

So now on to the art in my life…

I could always draw (to a degree, anyway) and when I was a child, I copied the comic strips (Winnie Winkle and Brenda Starr) and added my own words to them. When I went to school, art was my favorite class and I always got straight A’s in it. I had all but given up my art when I got married. But now, I decided to at least copy some pictures and I did a fairly good job. When the “Adult Coloring craze” started, I picked up some coloring books and some colored pencils. I didn’t know anything about colored pencils and picked up some Kooh-i-noor woodless pencils in a craft store, which I didn’t really like too much. Then, I got started with buying more popular pencils, including Prismacolors (despite their bad reputation for breaking), some Caran D’Ache Luminance, Faber-Castell Polychromos, plus others. Now I have decided that when I come up with a VERY good picture, I will use the Caran D’Ache Luminance, as they are my favorites. I try not to waste them on coloring books. I have even purchased a workable fixative to help prevent the wax bloom.

I have edited this to mention my mother again, as she is the most responsible for my artistic heritage. She drew for a living (okay, not exactly what is considered artwork, but she did drafting and designing for machinery) but she also drew pictures of all of us, while not actual portraits, looked a lot like us. She also did a lot of oil paintings, some of which are hanging up in my house. She did one thing that I don't think I could ever do which is making pictures that actually look like the people involved!

So that’s it, for now (anyway). How about you?

Last edited by msgenie516 : 12-22-2016 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Want to add something
  #795   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Nesconset, NY, LI

Hails from United States

My comment got posted twice, so I edited it. Hope this works!

Last edited by msgenie516 : 12-22-2016 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Comment got posted twice