Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sportpony

Something I’ve had in mind for many years, though not exactly what I had envisioned when I started. My first attempt at recreating the Altimira Cave art I fell in love with when I lived in Spain. The archaelogical museum in Madrid had a replica of one of the rooms in the Altimira Caves in the basement of the museum, spent many hours in that basement during the four years I lived there.

This was done on a 5″ x 7″ piece of limestone found here on my KY farm, quite rough and difficult to put down any detail. Pan pastels worked well to lighten the background to work on and pastel pencils and hard pastel for the horses.

Sharon, this is so inspiring! Lucky you living over there and soaking up all you could.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

That’s amazing! I’ve always been fascinated with those drawings. Yours looks incredible.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

very cool

sportpony

Sharon, this is so inspiring! Lucky you living over there and soaking up all you could.

Thank you. I truly enjoyed the years I spent in Spain, loved the people, the culture and the countryside. Brought home many things I’ve enjoyed the rest of my life, old castles, Andalusian horses and dressage … and an interest and appreciation of paleontology.

Cyndi L

I totally love that! I’ve made a few pieces of jewelry based on the Lascaux paintings, and I just love the vibe you get from Neolithic art :heart:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.