Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Puppets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Beeber

Next one up as I finish ALL FINI. Same size 11 x 14. This one is on an experimental paper. Less tooth. Bonus – I get to the burnished stage faster, disadvantage – MUCH less room for error. C and C appreciated.

Beeber

update and description of the work..

The left “hair helmet” image is Hannity. The puppet on the right is limbaugh. The puppet master is trump. The background will be loosely based on the work of Bosch. specifically his vision of hell.

A perfect start, expressive and intriguing! Personally, I don’t think the “puppet master” is Trump, but everyone has their own opinion. Although I’m not political-minded, I’m guessing in the art world, political art has its own special place?

A challenge for you, Beeber, try drawing “political things” for comics? Seriously. Similar to NON-SEQUITUR by Wiley, and you could call your’s OUTSIDE THE LINES by Beeber.

:)

Elle Amde

Never fear; always persevere.

MarcF

I love it.
                Trump the puppet master maybe should have strings leading up, and out of the frame – up to…let them guess.
                I love the political aspects, and the artistic ones.
                I can’t wait to see the finished piece.

Beeber

Next update. Hannity is done. I added the Hannity show logo, a cigar, gold microphone, and the Limbaugh logo from his show. I’m not impressed with the paper at this point. I’ll finish it, but back to tried and true stonehenge after this.

I like the idea of additional puppet strings…maybe for a future piece?? And thanks for the vote of confidence to challenge me to produce a comic. I don’t feel I’m quite there yet, but it’s a thought.

Beeber

limbaugh finished.

Beeber

Background inspired by the work of Bosch which led to trumps face being made out of flames.

Jon

Is that an insect behind the Hannity shoulder?

Beeber

yes, It will be a praying mantis. The leg will be in front of his arm.

Ladysue

Captivating. Can’t wait to see the finished work.

Ladysue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.