Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Finnegan18

I would love a printer that is capable of printing on thicker paper, say 300lb or canvas paper. If it back-loads that is a bonus.
        I am looking to spend less than $500. I am printing most of the art for myself, just to include in my art journals. I don’t need a large format printer.
        Thank you in advance for your help.

pa-paw

While we are wishing, my wish is for a simple monochrome laser printer priced under $150.00 that will print my drawings on 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper. That would cut out a couple of transfer steps for me. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
            [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

Finnegan18

That sounds nice too.

pa-paw

I once was very involved in photography and decided to buy a HP Photosmart. It turned out to be a big expensive hassle, in my case. I understand that the photo inkjets have greatly improved in the last 10 years, but they are still very expensive to maintain. From what I understand, you must use the inkjet printers fairly often or the print heads will eventually clog and cause you all kinds of misery. The cost of ink cartridges is not cheap even if you cheat and refill the old cartridges. If you plan to print often and on a regular basis the photo printer may be for you.:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
                    [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

I have to admit my old Epson and HP printers were terrible for drying up. I have had no trouble with the Canon printers and I only print once a week for my art class.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Finnegan18

Thank you very much. I have been leaning towards a Canon.

Bear in mind that Canon inkjet prints are not waterproof. I spray my maps with mat acrylic sealer.

Doug

Finnegan18

I have one of the middle ground priced Canon’s. It’s a dream for printing however it lies to me about running out of ink. It told me in February that it was out of ink but I didn’t need to actually replace it till last month. Right now it says it’s out of black, it’s such a liar. Drives me crazy because now I have to pay extra attention to how it’s printing until it actually does run out. I’ve contacted Canon and they waffle on about it but it basically comes down to it being too sensitive about ink levels.

I also don’t like how it scans so I have an Epson scanner though to be fair, I bought the Epson to scan photo negatives as well as art. I could have adjusted the Canon with a photo program had I not been able to afford to buy the Epson.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

I have used high capacity compatible inks with my Canon for years at a fraction of the cost.

Doug

Finnegan18

Thank you very much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.