Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Ball-point Pen Drawings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    makanjuola

Ball-point pen could be very challenging to work with but I found it intriguing when it come to creating values with it. Below are two recent drawings, others could be viewed at my blog: https://ajayi-oluseyi.blogspot.com.ng/2018/01/beyond-mfa-program-explorations-pen-ink.html C & C welcome.

‘Harmattan Memoir’ 24.7 x 37 cm.

‘White Swan’ 24.7 x 37 cm.

OldM8sters

Beautiful stuff!

Sheryl

Very nice work, especially hard done in pen!

sherylgallant.ca
                - "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14

makanjuola

I do appreciate the response of members’ reaction to this thread, quite encouraging indeed. Below is my last pen drawing in 2017. I needed to increase the value of the darkest areas and found the overall blue a little bit behind what I desired, so I introduced black. i intend to combine red, blue and black ball-point pens in subsequent explorations. C & C welcome.

‘Milk maid 2’ 24.7 x 37 cm. 2017

dj2216

Absolutely gorgeous.

As a drawing newbie, the thought of using a pen (without the ability to erase) is a terrifying one!

Very well done. I like the grainy effect the dots give.

Penny
                        I live in Wiltshire, England
                        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

makanjuola

Thanks for your comments dj2216 and Penny. The quick drying and non-eras-ability of pen add to the fun and satisfaction of the outcome.

Nicely done !

fedetony

wow, your drawings are beautiful… I like very much the depth and contrast in the swan…

Federico Garcia
                                My Blog
                                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

123harry

You certainly have patience. The swan is the most successful for me. The last figure’s arm seems displaced. Is this down to a lack of underdraeing?

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Sonia

Very effective – obviously lots of work in these.

Jwma321

These are very nice. I especially like the milk maid drawing. I can’t imagine having to do realism with ink, it blows my mind. I do have a question though, what techniques did you use for these drawings? It looks like there’s crosshatching in there and maybe a little bit of dottwork, but I can’t really tell for sure.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.