Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

3.5×2.5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) done yesterday over book text, a very homely dog that looked to be part Schnauzer and part Heinz 57. I was lucky to find a sentence in the old book that had the nouns dogs and cats in it, plus veterinary. Lastly a red collar was added to this mutt to give him some class. (This profile was on a postcard a local vet’s office sent out).

Actual miniature size for this art card edition original is below:

C&C welcome :cat:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

fedetony

Read in between the lines ;)… hehehe

Federico Garcia
        My Blog
        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Right! Just now seeing the word ‘mixed’ in the text, and could be he was a she, and is of course a mixed breed. Or just mixed up about it and got on drugs obtained from the vet clinic…suicidal, too, now.

Kay

I adore this, Kay! We used to have a “mostly lab” dog. At least, that’s what we were told. We called him Tom, and he was so ugly and just not a nice dog at all (he willfully disobeyed and he was a biter). He had skin issues that caused him to scratch and lose hair, and he was homely from the start with black and gray speckles, a dull coat of fur, tight, dry skin, and tiny eyes. He might have been part lab, but I suspect he had all kinds of breeds mixed in. Your Homely Dog sure brought Tom to mind for me. :lol: I love this painting. And your description – part Schnauzer and part Heinz 57…Hilarious! :lol: Great work!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Great little miniature!

Christel

Well, I think he is delightful Kay and you have done him the honour of painting a delightful portrait in pen and wash. Love it on those book pages. Can’t be easy as the pages are normally pretty thin. How do you manage? By the way I would be happy to have him around any day!!!

Chammi
        My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Pat

Hmmm, I read what you can see…. kind of a scary story! But your dog is fantastic – I love the paintings on book pages that you do!

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
            PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Thanks Jenna, Christel, Chammi, and Pat! Chammi, I ignore what the support is and paint as I usually do. But I do adhere these to wc paper on the back to make them thicker and more sturdy.

Kay

Love the colours of the dog. Could be a red setter cross.

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

This dog looks lovely! I like the warm tones in his fur. I like how many of your book pages match the subject that you paint, you must do a lot of reading! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.