WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Composition and Design
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

Climbing Rose

I'm thinking about doing this climbing rose, acrylic or oil. I'm getting into photography a little more and this is my own photo. What do you think about the composition? The depth is what I liked about this one. But maybe I took out to much perspective idk. Maybe the subject is a little flat. I'm on the fence on this one.

I can tweak it in photoshop.. I spent some time layering it and toning it down. It seems to get toned down on WC anyway. But in the first photo the rose really seems to jump out. Idk, it's alot of busy background in that one.

Last edited by Ellis Ammons : 04-04-2018 at 09:30 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: Climbing Rose

i'd be apt to put the left smaller budding flower closer to the largest to make a trio of the rose colors, cozy and simplify the comp and unclutter some of the green.

not really tho, roses are beyond my patience level and i'd truly be most apt to do a larger scale macro of the center three inches of freshly opening bud.

good luck!

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2018, 10:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

I agree with la about the other rose. I like your crop better, and I hope you add leaves in the bottom right. If it were me, I'd be making the top right very dark.

But not a floral painter, s take that will a grain of salt.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Calabasas, CA

Hails from United States

Excellent reference photo, complex and challenging.