Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects "What are you working on?" June -July 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Continued from this thread :)

This is a place where you can share your progress on any of your artwork – it doesn’t have to be animal or wildlife related, it can be anything at all! Feel free to post your progress pictures (or ‘sneak peeks’ if you’re working on the A&W challenge), or just talk about your work, offer encouragement, or share your plans for the month. You don’t have to include pictures if you just want to tell us what you’re up to!

Over to you :wave:

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

Here’s the little fellow that’s been visiting our garden recently and who I’d like to paint (grainy phone photo, it was late at night! :)

My other plans for this month: take part in the A&W challenge now I’ve chosen my image, do something for the floral challenge (I have the makings of a plan), and I have a landscape photo I took on Friday I want to try in ink and watercolour. My guess is I’ll run out of time to do all those things but as long as I achieve something I’ll be happy! :)

So long, and thanks ...

Oh, how sweet. Very good to have them in the garden. I look forward to a painting. 😊 They like to eat a basic dog meat, such as “Chappie”.

I have one bean that’s germinated at the moment – hope the slugs don’t spot it!

I’m working on a challenge photo and will post a part, later.

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

We have enough slugs to keep hedgehogs happy! It’s lovely to have them.

No sign of our beans yet, I seem to remember they took a while last year. The potatoes are just starting to show.

Today I attempted a landscape from the WDE, ruined it, then sketched out my plan for the Plant Parade. I might make a start on painting it this week.

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

I just had a look at the challenge over in the acrylics forum. It’s given me ideas; I’ve made a lot of op-art inspired doodles over the last two days. Something I haven’t done for years and I’m enjoying a lot! :)

So long, and thanks ...

I love your hedgehog Kay M – you paint your subjects with a lot of love and tenderness I can tell – speaks to my heart! :heart:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
                    [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

Triduana

Thanks Yvonne. :)

I’ve been adding to my botanical sketchbook this weekend. Everything’s growing so well at the moment I feel i have to record things before they fade away! I drew some grasses that were flowering in the front garden. Later in the week I’ll start on the back garden.

I went to an exhibition yesterday by three different bird artists, which has given me ideas for my next painting – I need to get some work together for my art club’s annual exhibition. I can have up to five framed paintings and I have three so far, and a month to get everything ready. One of the artists had a really interesting way of putting a realistically-painted subject with an abstract background, and I’d like to try something similar.

So long, and thanks ...

Made a start on a challenge. 😁

Penny
                        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Thanks Penny. It’s looking good. :)

So long, and thanks ...

lisapencil

Having just finished my Robin, I am now working on getting ready for an artfair next weekend, it’s at Thirsk Auction Mart in North Yorkshire if anyone’s in the area. There are 160 artists selected to show and hopefully sell their work. It’s lovely to see hedgehogs in people’s gardens. On the vegetable front I have one tomato so far on my tomato plants. I seem to be getting plenty of flowers but no fruit. :( Schue your bull is coming along well. Lovely botanical sketches Triduana.

Thanks. Kay.

Thanks. Lisa. I am using acrylics – which is an adventure for me! Good luck with the art fair.

Penny

Sleeping Coyote – see this thread.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
                                [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

Triduana

Thank you Lisa. I didn’t know about the art fair in Thirsk – I used to live not too far away (Northallerton). Hope it all goes well. :)

I haven’t done anythng so far this month, but I did get a delivery of some Canson Bristol board yesterday so I will need to try that out very soon.

So long, and thanks ...

That is looking really good, Penny. I have never tried acrylics. I am just trying a very small study (5 x 7) to try to do something quickly (for me, anyway). It is for the A & W Challenge. The tabby cat was to be a sketch, but I should have drawn it out better on paper and transferred it, as I did not want to erase the WC paper that much. That will teach me to learn better drawing skills.

I was going to pick the cow, also, but rendering all of curly hair seemed like too much and will like to see how you handle it. That photo is also an unusual perspective, so I would likely leave out the legs and just do it as a portrait.

Joy
                                    C & C encouraged!

Thanks, Joy. I hope you are getting on well with your cat sketch.

I plan to add layers of acrylic to make the hair stand out. It is fun to use thick paint – quite different from coloured pencils. 🙂 Have fun painting the cow.

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.