Home Forums Explore Subjects Marine Art Til Death Do Us Part (Another Seascape)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dubs

A close friend of mine is getting married in October. She lives in Florida and has been asking me off and on for a seascape drawing for a couple of years. I decided to give her this one. I realize it is stormy, but marriages/relationships can be stormy. (Hers is). Personally, I love the dichotomy of storms with a clear, calm breaking sky. Most all of my drawings have this dichotomy. Although a marriage/relationship may have its storms, there is still beauty in the big picture.

FWIW, This drawing is supposed to be in the gallery section of an upcoming Colored Pencil Magazine issue. I am not a professional artist by any means. My day job is a Prosecutor (murder, rape, drugs, burglary etc). I am humbled and surprised by this.

18” x 24” Colored Pencil Drawing on Strathmore Gray Mixed Media Paper with Faber Castell Poly Chromo Colored Pencils, Charcoal, Koh-i-nor Woodless Colored Pencils, and some white Gauche for highlights. No reference used — I made it up in my head as I went along 🤷🏻‍♂️ Comments and critiques are always welcomed (and appreciated)!

sea dangler

Lovely work,love the colors in the sky and water.
            Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.