Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink London Urban Sketchers – again

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rosta

This month’s venue for the London USK was Greenwich, a really popular venue with about 50 sketchers in attendance!

Greenwich has an important naval history being home of the Royal Observatory that gave us the meridian and Mean Time (also a local brewery of the same name :lol: ).

Pride of place in Greenwich is Christopher Wren’s baroque masterpiece The Royal Naval College…..

I did this in ink but thought a splash of colour (from brush pens) would improve it.

I’ve posted below what the afternoon throw-down looked like….

…. amazing work. :clap:

Ron

C & C always welcome

Wasp2016

That’s cool! Greenwhich is a nice area. I was there a few weeks ago. We went into the painted hall, which has great artwork in it (apparently it has recently been refurbished and cleaned), also there is Turner’s painting of Trafalgar at the maritime museum which is really good.

Anonymous

Nice one Ron, although a colour blind ink purist cannot perhaps see it fully !:lol:
                The others look like they have done some really great work too, how long did the event last ? – some of the “sketches” look like very finished & polished drawings.
                Mike

rosta

Wasp2016 – The Painted Hall is amazing, the UK’s answer to the Sistine Chapel. I love Greenwich, so much history in the place.

Mike – I toyed with the idea of taking a photo for you in its B&W form. Unfortunately the Poundshop Canaletto got there first. :lol:

Ron

C & C always welcome

Bill

Great sketch, Ron. Nice to have a group to sketch with, all very competent works.
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

LENGERT

NIce work. Would be wonderful to be in the group.

sanlynn

That’s a lovely drawing of Greenwich Ron, impressive.
                            How great to have such a large group of like-minded people to share an interest and such an impressive gallery at the end of the session.
                            I’m sad that we never did manage a visit there.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Anonymous

Mike – I toyed with the idea of taking a photo for you in its B&W form. Unfortunately the Poundshop Canaletto got there first. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:.
                                Loving it :thumbsup: , Mike.

Potterspink

What a view to take on Ron, you have my admiration. Great sketch.
                                    Potters

cwilliamson

Wonderful! A splash of color never hurt anything. These make me wistful for having not wandered about with a sketchbook when I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall in the late 80’s.

Clark

rosta

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

The London USK is a great group of very enthusiastic artists. They are incredibly supportive and friendly, I really look forward to the monthly sketchcrawls.

Potters – I don’t usually do anything on that scale; small drawing = minimum detail and quick. However, I mistakenly ordered a large (11 x 14) sketchbook :( so now I feel obliged to fill it by scaling up. I can’t wait to get back to good old A4.:lol:

Clark – sounds like a lost opportunity, come back for a visit!

Maureen – put Greenwich on your bucket list when you next come to London. Its a must-see.

Ron

C & C always welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.