Home Forums The Learning Center Color Theory and Mixing Color for shadow box with this piece inside?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gerardo G.

Hi.

Can you please help me decide the best color for the shadow box?

This is what I’ll place inside:

This is the type of shadow box I’ll be making:

Just like the one in the picture, the corners will be white, but what color should I use for the rest of the shadow box (the sides and back)?

It’s for a friend’s new apartment. She has zero decoration and her walls are white.

These are the colors I can choose from. Can you please propose more than one option? The shop might have ran out of a particular color.

Thank you in advance :).

KolinskyRed

hmmm….

Gerardo G.

Thank you. So you suggest those four colors KolinskyRed?

SurrealityArt

Hmm? TBH I love the black shadow box the best and it frames the artwork very well. Any color or combination of colors will pop on a black background.
                    Example: I think the green with a red background is great if you are shooting for Christmas colors, however red and green will not look good on say, a blue painted wall. The black color with colored accents would work better on any color wall. But thats just my opinion. ;)

Shenko

I would use blue. You need to figure out which blue though. The green has some specks of blue in it and placing it in a blue environment will pull out those and harmonize, imho.

C&C always welcome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.