Home Forums Explore Subjects Marine Art The Mighty Mo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    falcon012

The USS Missouri is an Iowa Class battleship. She fought in the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa as well as shelling the Japanese home island. The Japanese delegation famously signed the terms of unconditional surrender on her decks on September 2, 1945 while the ship was anchored in Tokyo Bay. The ship also fought during the Korean War and Desert Storm. It was steadily modified through the years and was finally struck from the Naval Vessel Register in 1995. USS Missouri survives today as a memorial in Pearl Harbor next to the famous Arizona Memorial. This print shows Missouri during a stop at Guam on her way home after the Japanese surrender.

This was a commissioned piece which was initially rejected. At that point I felt the cliemt could not be pleased so I pulled out of the project. I went on to use the background to create a scene with a completely different feeling. A beautiful Boeing 314 Clipper. After thinking about it the client decided to go with the concept after all so I completed the original USS Missouri piece.

These are both 2D digital paintings.

jickmagger

Fantastic!
            What more to say!?
            Already sold??

Regards
            Udo :wave:

"We create as good an illusion as we can!"
            (Marine Artist Geoff Hunt, RSMA)

www.udodieckmann.de
            Jon

Superb work!

vegaskip

I sometimes do that with my paintings. I usually do my background, and photograph it. Then put in the subject and again photograph it. I can then post three pics on W/C . A seascape, same reversed then the final finished painting. If there are no numbers or letters you can usually reverse it as well. Not quite digital art like this, but a bit of mucking about and having a bit of fun digitally.
                    Jim

falcon012

Fantastic!
                        What more to say!?
                        Already sold??

Regards
                        Udo :wave:

Thank you. Yes, I was paid for the creation of the piece and I have also sold prints of both versions.

falcon012

Superb work!

Thanks Jon.

falcon012

I sometimes do that with my paintings. I usually do my background, and photograph it. Then put in the subject and again photograph it. I can then post three pics on W/C . A seascape, same reversed then the final finished painting. If there are no numbers or letters you can usually reverse it as well. Not quite digital art like this, but a bit of mucking about and having a bit of fun digitally.
                                Jim

There is always more than one way to skin a cat. :)

vegaskip

Here is an example
                                    Original
                                    [ATTACH]866994[/ATTACH]

vegaskip

Reversed
                                        [ATTACH]866995[/ATTACH]

vegaskip

Finished
                                            [ATTACH]866996[/ATTACH]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.