Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Roses on Valentines Day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My husband surprised me with some rose for valentines day.

It was so much fun taking photo of them.

The first one is heavily manipped, BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT!
    But the rest have just a wee bit of tweaking, like cropping, sharpening, etc.
    Your C&C’s are appreciated.
    Happy Valentines Day to you.:heart:
    And Thank You for visiting,
    LORELL

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)Not a rose

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Lovely set Lorell, I suspect that you are an icurable romantic! I especially like the composition of #4.

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Anonymous

Very nice, Lorell.

#1 has a pleasing softness.

I agree with Mark, that #4 stands out for it’s composition (and other aspects).

But my favorite is # 2 for the inclusion of the wood grain and for its overall sharpness.

Numbers 3 and 5 are pretty darn good too.

Irishwhistler

Grand set Lorell with #2 being my preference.👌

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Anonymous

Happy Valentines Day. Good on your hubby. I agree with Mark #4 is my favourite. All these made my day happy.
                    #1 is soft but there is something else going on.
                    I would take a shot at soft if you let me. Or, do a soft challenge and include it as a download.

Grant, #1 is beyond soft, intentionally. I applied several filters to it to make it border on abstract. It started as a clear photo but I was bored with all the photos being clear and decided to mess big time with that one. I guess I mess it up. :lol:

It is one of the photos that looked good this afternoon and now I look at it and say, “what was I thinking?”

All these made my day happy.

Thanks, Grant.

Mark said:

Lovely set Lorell, I suspect that you are an icurable romantic!

Nope, my husband is the romantic, I am the practical part of the team. He is poetic, sentimental, considerate…, and FUNNY. The girls always fall for the funny guys.
                    Thanks, Mark.

Mikey, thank you mate.

Dave,
                    I had another similar to #2 with the wood going diagonal, but the rose didn’t look as good. Thanks, Dave.

It is interesting that all you boys commented on the roses.
                    Did any of you get your wives something for Valentine’s day?

Thanks again for taking the time to smell the roses.
                    LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.