Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Sunday 5th April 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Good morning all :wave:

It’s a lovely sunny morning here and warming up nicely, should reach 15C/59F by noon. I see gardening in my future.

The site is still extremely slow to respond, I hope they fix it soon.

Stay safe everyone :heart:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Been a good day here, went out and bought 2 laptops.

So Alan’s pc is full of viruses from sex sites he has been visiting. He has learned his lesson twice now. First they took money out of his bank account, the next time they have stolen data from his phone. (He somehow linked his phone to his pc with his messaging around in the settings)
    So he has a new laptop.

Question is, these scammers or whatever they are, are still using his data from old laptop. Will turning it off and destroying said laptop with a sledgehammer stop this? Alan asked.

Next question. His keyboard is strange. When I type the @ symbol ” comes up and when I type ” the @ comes up. How do I fix this?

My little baby Butcher Bird came to visit me this morning.

[Antv]Mk566L0iyG0[/antv]

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

Hi JJ, hope this goes through. I’ll delete your double post.

Check out Windows Settings search for Keyboard and there is a chance to set your keyboard settings.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Bill

Good day all,

Thanks Doug for the note.

I’m aching from too much yard work and having trouble sleeping.

Still haven’t dug my asparagus trenches, but today for sure.

JJ, lovely little video.

Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Thank you Doug, I will try it.

Thank you Bill.

Sorry for the double posting, WC is weird again this morning.

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

Good Morning all,
        It is almost 5:00 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood.

Wasn’t sure Wet Canvas was going to open for me, it took such a long time. Even once it opened, it took a long time opening the Wash. :o

I’m looking forward to turning the soil in my veggie garden this week, Doug, and putting in some mesclun and Swiss chard seeds. My garlic is growing like gang busters.

:wave: to JJ, Bill, Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Marshall

Good morning all. Slept in this morning and didn’t get up until almost 7:30. Sprinkling rain here this morning.

After church via the Internet this morning we have nothing else planned.

Morning Bill and Doug.

Loved the pictures and videos again JJ. If your laptop is off then they can’t get data from it. However, I suspect they already have all that and they can still used it. Best thing Alan can do (besides avoiding all sex sites) is change his password on all of his logins and put a watch or freeze on his credit. Good luck.

Hi to those who come later.

Marshall
            Living the retired life in NE Florida

Good Morning from the chilly, raw and cloudy SW of Ontario. Planning to get out in the nice Spring weather today to begin gathering up the sticks and small tree limbs littering our yard. Since rain seems imminent, I think this won’t be happening.

Brittany has been scheduled for more and more hours at Walmart as employees have been “calling in” sick. She needs another mask and I’m going to get it made this morning. This is likely temporary because only the grocery section will be allowed to remain open in the near future. We’ll deal with that when it happens.

The Country of Sweden has decided to continue on with business as usual. Their people are getting sick and dying and yet, they have not shut down. Shocking.

Even though we aren’t going anywhere or doing anything, we manage to dirty our clothes, towels and bedding. :lol: There is laundry waiting for me to get it cleaned and folded.

And, while my brain refuses to settle enough for me to paint, the sewing has been a godsend. A friend has material that she doesn’t need since she doesn’t sew and she’s delivering it today or tomorrow. It is her contribution to the demand for masks at the Hospital. We won’t be able to visit face to face, but we can distance on the deck if it’s a nice day… or through her car window.

Doug, I hope you’re able to get out into the garden today.

JJ, I enjoyed your video! TMI re Alan. You should ask the techs where you bought the laptop about the problem with the keyboard. Simply smashing the old hard drive doesn’t remove anything from online activities. He needs to cancel all subscriptions, change his passwords and begin affresh.

Bill, you have to pace yourself! I hope your achey muscles feel better as you rest them.

Sylvia, the scent of turned earth is a good thing. There’s nothing quite like fresh dirt under the fingernails. :)

Hi Marshall… I’m sure that something will pop up!

It’s time to get some breakfast into my Husband. :wave: All yet to come. I hope everyone enjoys a safe, healthy and creative day. :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Marshall, yes he has changed his passwords to everything, I got him to do it again today. He has a new credit card. What I don’t get is how someone can get to his phone data? I know he wasn’t using it one day at least, and I got a message that half a GB had been used.?
            This was strange, because I checked his data the evening before, and he did not touch his phone at all.

He went to Optus and they said that no one can get into your phone data. I am confused about this for sure. His phone data is turned off now. I actually regret giving him my old smart phone. sigh.

Have a great day everyone, I am enjoying setting up my new Lenovo laptop. Has anyone got one? If so what do you think?

Why is wc like molasses?

What is the web address of the emergency wc site? :)

JJ
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

webLes

Hi there I waited so long I thought it was never going to open .

Marshall everyone should have a check and watch freeze on their credit silly not to .

JJ the @ sign is supposed to come up when you hit the @ sign ?? did you make a mistake .

If Char comes in tell her to check pms .

Must go breakfast is calling .

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Sunny with a high of 12C.

After WC’s return yesterday the speed was pretty normal for me but today it is unbelievably sloooooooow.

I just hope they, whoever “they” are can keep it going. We really do take it terribly for granted that it is here and stays here. So, whoever “they” are – THANK YOU!!!!!

I checked my sewing box to see if I have any elastic in there but no, none, so I can’t make any masks. Superbaker made some but also ran out of elastic, she suggested the Dollar Store, I checked but they are totally out and have been for a while I was told.

I did wear my construction mask yesterday when I went out, nasty, hard to breathe with them but I got my spinach, kale, parsley and chicken broth for my green soup and got that made, I am good for another 14 days:)

The garlic powder worked perfectly for the bunnies or squirrels last year but I checked yesterday and the tulip leaves were munched off again, maybe I should have re applied it after the rain. Anyway, I put cayenne pepper on them yesterday.

Laundry day :)

Char, so good to read that Chris is O.K. how often do they test them?? and I am so sorry about Mackenzie’s job loss. I feel so sorry for all the people who are losing their jobs, such a worry:crying: Also a shame that Simon had to leave, you and your caring and good food will have spoiled him for life, he’ll never have it that food again.

Ellen, if Ash and his wife think they had the virus and lived through it than they have it made. Glad the scooter helps with your mobility.

JJ, your garden looks so nice, for some reason I still can’t get your videos, just a large, white, blank space where it should be. I hope you and Alan get your computer woes worked out.

Les, I got your email and I responded to it. Good that you are keeping busy with your grandfather clock.

Betty, lovely blanket, I couldn’t quite figure out your stitch either, looked like little balls/lumps, got the answer via Lynn’s post:)

I know I am behind with my responses but breakfast is calling so :wave: to all and wish you a good day!!

Uschi

Laundry day,

A good Sunday to all……..a beautiful morning here. We had a very light fog this morning that burned off as the sun came up and it was quite enjoyable sitting outside in the “she room” this morning for my daily coffee chat with I AM. I wish I could capture that look in my landscapes….something I’ve tried many times but never quite been able to pull it off……..a great way to start my day.

Yesterday was a very productive day….I mowed and ran the weed eater than finally got my “weed and feed” spread. Lisa weeded out 3 flower beds. Everything seems to have survived the winter and it sprouting up or blooming. Hostas have propagated nicely this spring and I think we’ll divide two of the larger ones today and transplant to the back yard bed. The two larger ones are about 36-40″ in diameter.

JJ………Alen needs to start back from scratch……in other words reset his settings back to the factor defaults. Go to “chrome://settings/reset” and you will get two options to “clean computer” and “Restore settings to their original defaults”……….Understand, this will wipe all his data, passwords, photo, documents, etc., etc. off the system…..it’s starting from scratch. Then he can start over. The first two programs he needs to download are 1. A virus/security firewall…I use the commercial version of Avast Antivirus and 2. CCCleaner for daily house keeping (takes about 30 seconds to run after EVERY session online.) Next step is doing the same thing with his phone and don’t sync his phone to his computer…….and then the last steps…… he needs to STAY OFF THE DAMN SEX SITES! Sex sites are nothing but “baited deer fields”……baited with the oldest type of bait…..but from what you’ve shared about Allen, he’s not too conducive to breaking old “habits”…..at least the Avast Antivirus will disconnect from sites that a virus had been detected almost instantly. Just don’t show him how to turn off that feature. It’s not the hardware that’s the problem, it’s the applications and programs running on them, they’re corrupted and/or infected and you’ll have to start from scratch. Not fun, but the only way to solve your problem…..Lovely photos and video BTW.

Time for breakfast and meds this morning……….Greetings to all here and those to come…..May your day be as fantastic as you make it…….BBL

Be good, do good…….stay safe.
                    Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

kayakartist

Morning all,

Gloomy and rainy here…trapped inside with a grumpy husband…we are really getting on each others nerves! At least the dog still likes me…

Today’s big project is to clean the clutter off my desk…little scraps of paper with very important messages that I can’t decipher everywhere. I’m not particularly good at organizing…no Marie Kondo here although I would love to be.

Florida is having a surge of new cases, esp in Orlando where my surgery is supposed to happen in 3 weeks. Would not be surprised if it was cancelled again…unbelievably bad timing.

Squirrels keep eating my tomatoes…take one big bite and then throw them on the ground…so picked a few green and made fried green tomatoes last night. Pretty good but I prefer them ripe.

Off to make breakfast…oatmeal with apples & cinnamon.

Have a good and ‘safe’ day.

Maribeth

JJ, is the ‘numlock’ on? I had a similar dilemma with this laptop, and that was the simple answer. Try it!

Will finish this post….

Cheers, Lynn
                        www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                        "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Good morning. Thanks Doug, I have you in my contacts now. We are overcast and still cold outside. Glad I do not have to go anywhere. I made it through the first five James Bond movies and one Pierce Bronson favorite. Watched the local news briefly while getting dinner ready. Today, back to James Bond and playing with minis.

Uschi, I bet you might have hidden elastic around your house. I found some in clothing that never made it to the recycle bin. You can also use elastic headbands or pony tail holders. Even rubber bands can be used.

Char, Walmart now has lines to wait in with safe distances marked off. They have told people to leave their kids at home. Only two people from the same family can go into the store together. They also have one entrance and exit set up. You have to follow the lines on the floor, because the aisles are now one way.

I wish everyone a peaceful day with minimum stress! Get the paint brushes wet or pencils ready. Watch old movies or dig out your CDS. John and I don’t like to play games with cards or boards, so the Wii has been a fun activity every evening. Once in a while I get a strike, but mostly spares.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.