Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Interesting stuff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bobbi Ross

New here. There is lots of interesting stuff.
        I work in oil paint, for my Bob Ross landscapes. (I know, boring )
        My Boyfriend says its paintings that non-artists like.
        But my real passion is with oil pastels and to a lesser extent water color crayons.
        For me it’s mostly about the tactile sensation of the medium.
        I’m looking for ways to use the pastels in an impasto fashion.
        I also make silly animals with Paperclay, just for relaxation.

Greggo

Welcome to posting at WC!

Lots of fine folks here, you will meet many of them as you browse about.
            It’s worth exploring the full list of the forums.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
            The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
            Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.

There are all levels of artists here, working in virtually all mediums.
            There are many talented people from many lands.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
            Looking forward getting to know you!

Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.
            Feel free to ask us any questions you have.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Jon

Hello! :)
                You will discover WC is a great resource of information and a place to meet and communicate with fellow artists from around the world.
                If you click on any of the words or phrases in my Signature line below you will find numerous helpful hints to assist you with some of the basics of the site, but if after reviewing them you need help, I encourage you to return here at any time, it’s why we are here.
                * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels Menu at the upper left.
                * You must have a minimum of two written posts prior to being able to upload an image

Hi, it’s nice to meet you.

Bob Ross is a quick way to learn to get paint on the canvas. He has some good solid advice if you really listen to him, such as how to paint fat over lean and how to do shadows and light correctly. And of course no one can beat him for getting people to paint. He’s helped thousands and thousands of people so don’t listen to those who put him down. I love the guy myself.

It sounds like you like a lot of different mediums, we have forums for pretty much everything so jump right in and enjoy! :)

Welcome!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

opainter

Hello! Welcome to WetCanvas! :)

* Bob Ross was unique! Enjoy painting in whatever style you like, regardless of what other people think. And as for impasto-style pastel painting, in my opinion, that is the best style there is!

WetCanvas is a great place to find help and camaraderie with other artists of all skill levels.

Find an interesting conversation in the forums, or start a new one, and join in!

To receive comments and critiques from other members, which you may find helpful, include “C & C welcome” within your post or signature line.

Please let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks for joining!
                    See you in the forums! :wave:

AJ (opainter), C&C always welcome
                    :::: Helpful links for new users: User Agreement || Reference Images || C&C Suggestions || Color Theory and Mixing (color theory and color selection) || Full List of Forums
                    :::: Painting Blog with an article now and then

talisman

Welcome Bobbi Ross!
                        Whatever you want to paint is fine, after all it’s your world.
                        Wet Canvas is a great place to explore and learn!
                        Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
                        Things are arranged here by subject and also by medium.
                        Have fun looking around, lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
                        Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Pthalo White

Welcome, Bobbi Ross! I just joined a week ago, myself. you’re going to love it here. there is a wealth of support, and info, and everything else. I still haven’t gone through everything in this site, because there’s so much.

have fun! And show us your work!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.