Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Watch tower (A "JOHNNY")

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jhunsberger

So drawing has been rough as of late, life is having a way of interfering with my sitting down to relax and draw a beautiful work of art. This particular piece has been in the works for about 2 weeks and although I wasn’t quite sure what the paper wanted to be, every time I would sit down at the drawing table someone had something urgent (or so they though )that I had to tend to. Today seemed to be no different, as I sat down and no sooner started to put the pencil to paper came a knock at the door. Once I sat back down I was now more than ever determined to complete the task at hand, slowly the palm tree started to take shape fallowed by water and sky and then a little bit of fantasy slipped into the picture as the as WATCH TOWER started to come to life with every stone being placed on top of the last, once the top of the lighthouse was complete, the water started flowing back down towards the see and after about 6 hours I sat back and was impressed at what came out of pure determination. Yes life is still GREAT. This is on 9 x 12 98lb Canson multimedia paper, done with Prang and Artist loft pencils.

whatisajohnny.com

laika

Glad you’re still digging life on the coast and taking inspiration from it.

I like the way you handled the swells and troughs of the water – that loose, scribbled mix of blue and green works well. The fantasy aspect of the bulwarked shoreline with bent palm and the tower is pretty cool too. The way the paper slightly breaks up the solid layer of sky is nice. (I share your appreciation for that particular paper)

I gather it’s pointless to mention the distracting text on the horizon again ;)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
            - Otto Rank

jhunsberger

Thank you for all the kind words Laika, Inspiration is all around us, and life is GREAT, as long as I wake up every morning it is a blessed day. I do like using this paper, both front and back, it has a way of catching the direction of lead from the pencil that other papers wont. As for the whatisajohnny.com in the center of each picture it serves a duel purpose, first is as a watermark for my artwork and photography work because in this world I am selling my works and not everyone is honest enough not to just copy and paste a picture they like, and second 90%

whatisajohnny.com

jhunsberger

sorry about that my keyboard froze up. as I was saying 90% of my work comes of advertising my pictures on social media sites that I deal with and by putting whatisajohnny.com across the center of the picture I send anywhere from a hundred people a day to a thousand people a day to the site, so no I wont be changing that anytime soon.

whatisajohnny.com

laika

Ahhh, a watermark! That makes sense :)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                        - Otto Rank

hmshood5

This one is really nice! Always look forward to a new “JOHNNY”!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

jhunsberger

Thank you Brian, its nice to know there are those who are watching for the new ones.

whatisajohnny.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.