Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Partner: Chroma, Inc. How to fix without a sheen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caroleanne

Hi,
        I love these paints but have the same question as BothHands had regarding the fixing of the first layer of paint. I find this layer lifts, which is understandable due to the interactive nature of these paints. But I want to ‘fix’ a layer to paint on top. The only way I’ve found to do this is by using the Fast Medium/Fixer which adds a SHEEN …I don’t like using varnish and the Binder medium also has an obvious sheen. Surely there must be a way to add further layers without this sheen occurring?

I would be very happy to hear from anyone who has similar experiences, and especially from you Jennifer.

Carole

jennifervs

Hi Carole,

At this point, there isn’t a medium that will lock in a layer without adjusting the sheen. I’ve heard that spraying vinegar on your painting adjusts the pH and renders the paint non-interactive, but I have not tried it myself.

Caroleanne

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for responding. I thought there maybe wouldn’t be an easy solution except trying to cure the painting with a hairdryer, which does seem to help.

It sounds a little bizarre to use vinegar but will try that on a test piece!

Thanks for your help…they are amazing paints so will defimitely persevere,

Warm wishes,
                Carole

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.