Home Forums The Learning Center Composition and Design Help Color Combination and Patterns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mega_biscoito

Hello,

I’m a student of Shoe Design.
        There is a French Shoe Designer that often makes simple but beautiful color combination, called Pierre Hardy

https://www.pierrehardy.com/row_en/women/shoes.html

I wonder is there is any book or place that teaches how to achieve these color tricks?

————
        And also there is another designer that makes beautiful patterns.

http://christinephung.com/collections

I have the same question about how to make beautiful patterns? A book, a website, etc?

The tricks are colour theory. blue, blue-green, and black all hover around the same hue angle contrasted by a golden yellow that is almost a complement of the first three.

The layout of the shoes is easy to achieve with almost any photo editing tool.

Graphic design will help with pattern design. That and a good dose of photo editing/graphic creation tool. Again the colours are complements of each other in the shade of blue with contrast of black and white.

My guess is that starting from zero, you would need a couple of years of work and study to master all of the above. 2000+ hours

It is only on a basis of knowledge that we can become free to compose naturally. -- Bernard Dunstan
        blog.jlk.net

lorianikins

I’m not sure what you mean by “color tricks.” Check out the Italian fashion brand Missoni. I love, love, love the colors in their knitwear and fabrics! In an art class I took a long time ago, the professor used several Missoni scarves to help us understand color theory (complementary, analogous, etc.).

astaman

You could look at a book by Josef Albers called The Interactions of Colour. He argues that colours, in lived human visual experience, are not constants but exist in relation to each other. Drawing on courses he taught at the Bauhaus and Black Mountain College in North Carolina, he systematically displays how hue and tone shift according to what colours are set next to each other and how this arrangement is done. It would tell you a lot about what you, not unreasonably, call ‘these tricks’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.