WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Gold Partner: F+W Media, Inc.
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Levin, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Angry Pastel Journal Delivery

Further to the thread "F & W publications in UK" in this forum, and with reference to the thread "Thumbs up to Pastel Journal" in the Pastel Talk forum, I have to express my extreme disappointment regarding my Subscription.

I know it is a wonderful Magazine as I purchased the Feb.2007 issue from a shop here, however it is generally not available in shops in New Zealand, (way down at the bottom on the world next door to Australia), therefore my decision to subscribe. I am sure I could recommend your publication to many other Pastelists here if I thought delivery could be improved.

You have had my money for 5 months, I would have at least expected to have got the October issue, if not even the August one.

The surest way to have happiness and peace of mind is to give them to someone else.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Editor
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hails from United States
Re: Pastel Journal Delivery

Please be sure we've been looking into these delivery issues. Some of the delay has to do with the production schedule, print orders and when sub orders arrive, but 5 months is a long time! Very sorry to hear about that. And we need to do better. I'm pleased to hear, though, that customer service has the December issue on the way to you now.

And just to make sure everyone is aware, there is a customer service link on our website at www.pasteljournal.com if you have specific questions and concerns. If you can't sort out your questions there, I am happy to do what I can to help things along. As I've said in the past, I want people to get their issues! We work hard on them!!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from New Zealand

Hi Anne,
I have tried the "contact us" link.
I have tried replying to the "confirmation of order" email I received.
I have sent 4 emails over 3 weeks and have not had a single reply. I even check the spam.

In the past replies have been the same day.

I ordered in September because I specifically want the then-advertised October issue.

All I want is confirmation that that is when my subsscription started from. I shall be extremely disapointed if not. If one responds to the advertising, that is what one expects to receive.

I also want the December one and the on-going magazines of course.

How do I get confirmation of when my subscription starts?

Just confirmation would make me happy.

On 16th September I ordered. 3 months delay and no response to emails is not polite.

I love the journal but how do I get it???

Elaine King
New Zealand.

www.nzflutterby.blogspot.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Editor

Elaine -

Anne is out of the office today, so I hope you don't mind if a managing editor steps in.

I was able to check through our records and see that we did receive your e-mail of 12/18. It was processed and sent to customer service the very same day. I've sent an e-mail to your personal address, as it doesn't seem altogether appropriate to get into the details here, but I wanted to be sure to let you (and all of our friends on WetCanvas!) know that we take these kinds of concerns very seriously. Like Anne said, we work hard on the magazine and we want to be sure it reaches the people who need (and most appreciate) it.

All best to you and yours for the holiday season,

Sarah A. Strickley

Managing Editor
The Pastel Journal
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Levin, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Angry Re: Pastel Journal Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Hevener
Please be sure we've been looking into these delivery issues. Some of the delay has to do with the production schedule, print orders and when sub orders arrive, but 5 months is a long time! Very sorry to hear about that. And we need to do better. I'm pleased to hear, though, that customer service has the December issue on the way to you now...........

....... As I've said in the past, I want people to get their issues! We work hard on them!!

IT IS NOW 3RD JANUARY, 2008 I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ISSUES OF THE PASTEL JOURNAL THAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR IN JULY 2007 Not even the replacement December issue which was supposedly sent on 28th November.

As I have said before I also ordered and paid for the Artist Magazine at the same time and have been receiving those, why cannot your subscription service do the same, I was under the impression you were all part of the same outfit?

I am continually receiving your on/line updates and offers (like the one offering Buy one get one free for a friend) and other goodies and information but I want the magazine to hold in my hand and be able to read and refer back to time and again when and where I want.

The fact that you have had my money since July and I have received nothing but promises and excuses is just not acceptable. I am totally sick of this and feel that if you ever do get to manage to sort this out I should be entitled to an extra year's subscription.

Natalie NZ

Last edited by Natalie NZ : 01-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Editor
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hails from United States

I don't know what's going on. You should definitely have your copies coming by now. I will do some hollering for you, and see if someone can explain this to me.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from New Zealand

Thank you Anne. It would really be appreciated.

I think my spam filter gobbled up Sarah's reply to me. I just wanted confirmation that my sub will start with the October issue. I know it will come eventually. Like when I subscribed before.

Yes for the October one? For my sub to have started when I ordered?

Thank you so much.

Elaine K

www.nzflutterby.blogspot.com
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Editor
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hails from United States

Natalie,

Did this issue get resolved? I know that the girls at Pastel Journal are very dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction. As a member of the book division at F+W, maybe we can work together to make sure that you receive top notch customer service. (Sometimes things happen in circulation and they are not within our control but what we can do is try to right the situation)

Ginger
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Editor
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hails from United States

I know that customer service looked into this, and there was some confusion involved in the order, which was corrected—with issue extensions for the inconvenience. It is my understanding that these subscriptions are in good order now. If there's more I can do, do let me know.