Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Does Anyone Use ‘Artist Rising’?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FromtheDeep

Hello :wave:

I was looking at Art.com and noticed a thing called “Artist Rising”. I’ve persued the site for a while and it’s free for 50 images and you get a percentage of the sale, but I was wondering….does anyone use that? I haven’t seen anyone mention it (maybe I didn’t look far enough) and I was just curious and looking for opinions.

http://artist.artistrising.com/Community/CommunityHome.aspx

Thank you so much!

Please check out my photos: Photo Gallery
        Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/jbronanart

Darci Jones

I found a this thread about artistrising.com

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462579

I’ve not used it, so cannot comment.

FromtheDeep

Thanks! I did do a search but nothing came up…I might not have done something right LOL

Thank you so much again!

Please check out my photos: Photo Gallery
                Follow me: https://www.facebook.com/jbronanart

pattyabaker

I’ve had images on artistrising for about 5 years – and my images sell from there, art.com and allposters.com. It’s a lot of work to get started, but once your images are up you just wait for your check every month. Also, folks come to my website after seeing my work on AR.

CSForest

For those of you who are using this site, how the heck do you set up the Print-on-Demand part? I have uploaded some images, filled in all the required information for the image, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to set it up for prints. It says once I add title, description, etc, then prints will be enabled. Under status is says: “Print-on-Demand: Not set up”
                        When I go to the Prints tab it just says: “You have not set up Poster or Fine Art Print on Demand for this artwork yet” but does not explain what needs to be done.
                        If I go to the Edit section and select Set Up Prints my only option is to end prints….which aren’t even set up. Rather frustrating site.

Crista Forest
                        My Animal Art Sites
                        [/COLOR] -- My Animal Art Gifts -- My Art Prints Page

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

falcon012

I looked at them a few years back. Let’s see… if I upload my art to their site I get to be one of a million other artists. If I get an order they get to keep 70% and I get 30% royalties?! No thank you.

CSForest

Yeah but 30% for a print-on-demand isn’t actually that bad. But even if it were, it’s basically free money. You’re just uploading a digital file, adding some info, and leaving it. Once that 5 minutes of effort is done you don’t have to do anything more if you don’t want to. If you only make $50/year it’s basically free money, so why not? I put my artwork anywhere it can generate money for free, even if it’s only a trickle. It all adds up. I have completely ignored my ImageKind account for years. But I’m pleasantly surprised by a check in the mail now and then.

Crista Forest
                                My Animal Art Sites
                                [/COLOR] -- My Animal Art Gifts -- My Art Prints Page

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • The topic ‘Does Anyone Use ‘Artist Rising’?’ is closed to new replies.