Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve not had a lot of time to paint lately but did manage these two in the poster color.

There has been a food challenge in another forum I belong to which is why I’ve painted that subject again with the Key Lime pie.

The other painting is of Cape Lookout lighthouse on the North Carolina coast. I’m not a landscape painter by any stretch of the imagination so any tips gratefully accepted.

AbA

These are pretty nice. I especially like the lighthouse and skyscape. The clouds are well painted and believable. I find that difficult. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Nice work, that pie makes my mouth water.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Thank you Gary and Doug.

I’m pretty pleased with the lighthouse since I normally don’t paint trees or landscapes.

And the pie makes my mouth water too as it’s probably my favorite! Thank Heavens painted pie has no calories!

Nice work. I like the soft shades of the lime pie.

Thamaso Ma Jyothirgamaya.

Thank you Chaithram! I hope to do more (and learn more) but life seems to be flying by lately!

sea dangler

2 very good paintings,I prefer the lighthouse one,it is hard to paint convincing skys using poster paints but you managed it.
        Dave

Thanks, Dave,

If you have experience with poster colors, can you tell me how to prevent the white from drying shiny? The rest of the paint is matte, like gouache.

So far, it’s my only complaint with these paints.

AbyA. I would not text it on a finished work but you might try a light coat of Spectra Fix (made with Casein) to create a uniform matte surface. I will try it on a gouache sketch and see how it looks in a day or so. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

It did not work well on gouache. I had a few shiny spots that we not improved. Plus if you tilted the painting towards the light, it looked like some pitting. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.