Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects OCTOBER Animal & Wildlife Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, this month was to be Hosted by djbuds/Donna but poor Donna has had a computer malfunction so I’m posted the photos for this month.
    Many thanks Donna for telling me in time, so I could post some photos for members for the October Challenge.
    :thumbsup:

GUIDELINES FOR OUR MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Please read carefuly – makes everything more exciting!!

On the first of each month a reference photo or photos will be posted in a thread entitled Fur, Scales and Feathers Challenge.

Artwork can be any size on any surface and in any medium.

Each member taking part can create a work using the chosen reference/s
    (whole or cropped).

Our “Reveal” date is the 20th October 2018 – it’s much more fun if we all post our paintings on or about the same date – so please don’t post your entries until the Reveal Date, entries can be posted from the 20th on until the end of the month. Many thanks.

Some of these photos I’ve used before so I hope you don’t mind them again. Some are mine, some are from the RIL – hope you enjoy my selection.

“Pippa”

And my last photo is of my Miniature Horse “Star Dreamer”
    This is a special photo of him as, very sadly, we had to have the Vet put him too sleep last Friday. He was 23 years old and his health was failing. I have had him since he was a 6 month old foal, so you will understand how special he was to me and our family. We will miss him for the rest of our lives.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Thanks for a lovely selection of photos, Vivien!

Christel

Thanks, Viv. I am very sorry to hear about the little horse and know how much he will be missed.

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Viv, what a lovely selection of photos. Thanks so much for taking this month over for Donna. I would have been happy to do it as you have so much on your plate at the moment. I will handle things now if you like. I am so sad for you that you had to part with your little Star Dreamer but I know he hasn’t been in good health and he is now galloping around with his friends in Horsey Heaven. My love and sympathy to you both. Warm loving hug.

Chammi
    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

fedetony

:) Great selection of photos Donna…
        I believe the Jelly fish image is a reference I put in the Reflib, I’m glad you picked it up :)…
        Sorry to hear about Star Dreamer..

Federico Garcia
        My Blog
        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

CaliAnn

Fantastic images Viv – I’m so sorry for your loss – a couple of years ago I lost my cat – he was 23. You are so right, you will never forget Star Dreamer

djbuds

Viv, Thank you so much for your help…….. I am so sorry to hear about Star Dreamer we all know how much you loved him and all your fur family…they are a members of our family and we feel their lost deeply. Sending lots of hugs.

C&C are always welcome
                Donna

Deepest sympathies on your great loss.

Joy
                C & C encouraged!

Thanks for hosting on short notice, Viv, and so sorry for your loss of the mini horse. He was gorgeous, very handsome!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

KareBear94

Sorry to hear about your loss of Star Dreamer, it’s always difficult to say goodbye to our dear furry family… Hugs sent your way.

Thanks for the lovely reference photos, they are all great.

Marshm8llow

Love the choices, thank you!

Skappy

Nice selection Viv , Pippa is such a pretty dog!

Pat

Great selection of pics.
                                So sad to hear about Star Dreamer, he was such a cute little guy. Our hearts go out to you.

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
                                PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Thanks for all your messages of sympathy to me for the loss of my irreplaceable “Star Dreamer”

The packing is going well and it’s taken me weeks of work to pack my Art/Computer Room. I never realised that I’d accumulated so many art materials – I have now packed 6 huge cartons, 6 sports bags, 1 very large black plastic bag and 2 plastic containers, full of art materials!!! Amazing what I’ve managed to accumulate in 30 years of living here!

I hope you will all enter the Challenge as usual, but as I will be away and offline the last week of October, I won’t be able to make a Gallery as usual. I will be offline for a few weeks from 20th November on also.
                                My Best Wishes for your continued activity in our wonderful Forum!:grouphug:

ANIMAL & WILDLIFE GUIDES and CHAMMI – can you please check-out our Private Forum for a more detailed message for you all.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

That sounds awesome! Do take care of yourself too, Vivien! I can make the gallery this month:angel:

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.