Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Holbein Peach Black, any experience?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rojo pagoda

Hi again! According to Handprint’s info: “Aniline black PBk1 is an impermanent azine pigment, available from about 6 pigment manufacturers worldwide. Holbein peach black, the only commercial source, contains the pigment in mixture with carbon black, which must be the dominant ingredient as the paint is quite lightfast; it produces subtle and active textural effects wet in wet, and has the darkest masstone value of any black paint. Because of the azine pigment, this paint should perhaps not be used in tints or diluted.”

There’s a new version which contains only pk1, but it’s labelled as permanent, anybody has experience with this color and it’s permanence?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve had Peach Black for many years with no problems using it or losing its strength or appearance.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Rojo pagoda

Thanks! would you say it gives a cool or warm gray when diluted?

Definitely a warm gray.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Rojo pagoda

Thanks again!

dustlilac

I love this pigment and highly recommend it, it’s a silvery warm gray great for shadows and such. I think only Holbein makes this one, but DS might have made something similar with the new grays?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.