WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Shutterbug Pub
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Lord of the Arts
Southwest Georgia (Columbus) on the banks of the Chattahoochee River

Hails from United States
Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, July 18, 2019

Good morning all. Nothing new to post this morning. Looks to be a nice day here today, maybe a little warm. I am going to try to find us a place to stay down on the panhandle south of Tallahassee this morning later in September. The St. Marks Wildlife Refuge is now doing tours of the old lighthouse and we would like to check it out. We are usually not in the area that time of year so we are curious to see what other things we can find.

For those interested, this is the image that was selected to be in the "Mastering the Nikon Z6" book. I think I have posted it before.

And for something new, although not recent, here is one I took a few weeks ago while visiting Gibb's Garden north of Atlanta.

Nikon Z 6, D500, and D7000. Nikkor 28-300, 16-80, 35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/4 S, 14-30mm f/4 S, Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 and 150-600mm f5-6.3, YN468-II Speedlite, Adobe Lightroom CC Classis and 6, Adobe Elements 14, Adobe Photoshop CC, Topaz suite.

Last edited by dlwilliams48 : 07-18-2019 at 08:14 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
North Vancouver, B C, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, July 18, 2019

A pair of very good flower images this morn. I have NO tinkering images this morn.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Sterling Heights, Michigan

Hails from United States

Good day Don and Norm,
Thanks for starting the daily, Don. The photo that was selected for the Z6 book is really a winner. I am not sure if you shared that with us yet, it is a real eye catcher with beautiful curves and color.

You got me in the mood to add my artistic touch to one of my photos. I enjoy taking photographs of statues because they "come with" mood, passion, a story, expert posing, composition and they hold perfectly still.
Here is one of St. Francis. The prayer of St Francis is one of my favorite prayers and hope that you don't mind me sharing it with you along with this photo I took.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love with all my soul.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2019, 05:59 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
North Vancouver, B C, Canada

Hails from Canada

A most interesting image Lorell. Keep with them.

I had TWO COLOR AND TWO B AND W COLOR INPUT TARGET CARDS printed this morn I worked them up in LEVELS ahead of time - the same way I did my earlier illustrations. When I returned to get them, the person at the counter said to me they were the most accurate colors and black and white tones I have done. I was surprised and amazed that they showed that much difference from my earlier prints. I am looking forward to using these in Switzerland - on the Alps.

Here is an old 2010 print I put through LEVELS using the Grey of the pavement and white of the plane in the background. The plane is an old MD 11.

Last edited by Cameraman : 07-18-2019 at 06:04 PM.