Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Flower Name?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Liz

Can anyone tell me the name of these flowers?

My Art
        --------------------

Apodemus

It looks to me like a variety of Lavatera

Mike

Como le dijo el mosquito a la rana, "Mas vale morir en el vino que vivir en el agua"

They look like geraniums to me! – the perennial, hardy, kind not the cultivated pelargonium, multi-floret type.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Apodemus

They look like geraniums to me! – the perennial, hardy, kind not the cultivated pelargonium, multi-floret type.:)

I wondered about that, but the leaves don’t look good for geranium to me (and yes, I mean proper geraniums too!)
                Mike

Picture of geranium leaves

Como le dijo el mosquito a la rana, "Mas vale morir en el vino que vivir en el agua"
                Apodemus

Lavatera thuringiaca perhaps?

Klecks

For me it looks like a begonia.

Klecks :)

Liz

We would grow them from seed every year. I don’t remember where we got the seeds from but as I recall they looked like tiny pellets.

My Art
                            --------------------

By the look of the flower and the leaves it looks like a Lavatera species to me.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Liz

Thanks much! I googled “lavatera” and yes the flowers in the photo do seem to be lavatera.

My Art
                                --------------------

Apodemus

Thanks much! I googled “lavatera” and yes the flowers in the photo do seem to be lavatera.

You’re welcome. Otherwise known as mallows, or tree mallows.

Seems like we got there in the end :lol:
                                    My lavatera is no more :( ……… but I do have different kinds of geraniums around the garden – with different-shaped leaves ;)
                                    Mike – yours looks like my ‘Johnson’s Blue’ but I have others with small pink flowers and small leaves, small purple flowers/small leaves, and small pale pink flowers with larger leaves – confusing huh? :D

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

PattyC

Kind of looks like Mallow to me. The shape of the petals that is.

Patty

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.