Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Munsell Color System Chart pdf download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    TheObitsLady

Here is a Munsell Color System Wall Chart that Professor Hans Irtel has published for the whole world to download for free:
        http://www.uni-mannheim.de/fakul/psycho/irtel/colsys/Munsell_A0.pdf

dcorc

Which is fine as a way of understanding how Munsell is laid out, but will not give you an accurate printout unless you have a properly colour-calibrated printer (and even then you’re asking a lot of the printer).

Dave

gunzorro

Thanks! That does give a good overview of the color breakdowns.

As Dave says, printing it out won’t be 100% accurate, but it is a very good starting point for using the system for color identifaction and matching. I’m sure with a good printer it would work to aid in color mixing too.

tigerpaw

Thank you Lady.

[FONT=Lucida Console]Sometimes I listen .

[FONT=Lucida Console]MIKE

dcorc

For those looking for an inexpensive way to get into Munsell, posters from Babelcolor, which do appear to be pretty accurate, are a better choice:

http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/Munsell.htm

Dave

alhajri

Thanks. The problem now will be to make sure the printed version will have the correct color correction.

I use a Mac and OSX has an embedded ColorSync technology to ensure that both what’s on the screen and on the printer are the correctly same color. I hope it works.

Al

mr.wiggles

To be honset, if people are interested in learning about Munsell it’s a good idea to buy the Student book. It is about $60 and is worth the money.

dcorc

To be honset, if people are interested in learning about Munsell it’s a good idea to buy the Student book. It is about $60 and is worth the money.

Agreed, 100%.

Having the chart becomes relevant when you have some clear ideas what you are going to do with it, apart from use it as a wall decoration. :)

gunzorro

I think the Student Book can even be found new at about $30 in the US.

alhajri

I got mine for $69.00 after you recommended the book gunzorro. It’s quiet nice.

Al

TheObitsLady

Thank you for the Munsell Wall Chart that we can buy!!! Do you have one? How accurate is it compared to the Munsell Book? This is a godsend for people who are needing the Big Book, but won’t be able to afford it for a long time. I am ordering one, ASAP!!!

dcorc

I don’t have one of the babelcolor charts myself, but I’m reliably informed that its sufficiently accurate to be able to work with, by a couple of people who’ve compared it with the “Big Book” chips. The colour patches are quite small on it.

loop

I got mine for $15

my BLOG
                                                        "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great" - John D. Rockefeller
                                                        "even when you win the rat race you're still a rat" - Joan Collins

tigerpaw

where did you get it Loop?

[FONT=Lucida Console]Sometimes I listen .

[FONT=Lucida Console]MIKE

loop

good question, it was a few years ago and the “best” answer I have is… online… sorry

oops… buy it now for $11.. ebay
                                                                http://cgi.ebay.com/The-New-Munsell-Student-Color-Set-and-The-Munsell-Color_W0QQitemZ250391090748QQcmdZViewItemQQ_pidZ659709QQ_mediaitemZ1QQptZUS_Texbook_Education?hash=item250391090748&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=240%3A1318

my BLOG
                                                                "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great" - John D. Rockefeller
                                                                "even when you win the rat race you're still a rat" - Joan Collins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
                                                              • The topic ‘Munsell Color System Chart pdf download’ is closed to new replies.