WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast
Glassboro, New Jersey

Hails from United States
Re: Greenies' Chatterbox!!

Hi Lynne, Your idea of state forests and parks is a good one. We camp in a small Scamp camper now...we go to Belleplain State Forest in NJ and to Elk Neck State Forest in Maryland. In Elk Neck free camping is available in exchange for site management. With your skills, I think you could definitely work out an exchange in many places.

Kathy
My garden blog: Inchworm Garden
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:42 AM
A Local Legend

maybe you could work at the front desk, for a few hours, at a Holiday Inn, for the exchange of a warm, confortable room, with indoor plumbing ......
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

My motorhome has indoor plumbing. I am happy to stay in my own space with my own things...I don't need a motel with other people around ('cept my husband) and my pets...2 dogs, 1 cat...Thanks anyway, Blue.

Blessings and Gratitude for a space of my own that has all the conveniences I need (well, I could use a closet wider than 1 foot for hanging items...but we gave up closet space for a bed together instead of separate 'bunks' with an isle between us...and a queen size at that. I am most grateful for a bed together again!
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 AM
A Local Legend

that hotel would have two queen beds and a 6 foot closet....

and you don't have to 'lug it around' as you move on.....
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

But I would have to pack up to go to it, unpack in it and pack up again when I leave...as well as pay for it (already paying for the motorhome) so pay 2 times...no thanks! The pack it once and live in it suits me better...I like my own space. I like having my own things around me, a bed that I am familiar with, fragrances I am familiar (and not allergic to!) and my two dogs, one cat and husband with me in them.

I'm a homebody, Blue...I truly am. lol.

Blessings and gratitude, my grandson celebrated his third birthday today! He's my 'birthday present' from my son and his lady....a little late in arrival, but my 'gift' nonetheless. LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:26 AM
A Local Legend

enjoy that '3 year old birthday present'......and 'Granny' spoil him/her rotten!

can't get you to leave the 'comforts' of that lovely home, so I guess I'll sell my 'motel/hotel' stock!....