WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: The Greenies Room - May 2012

Elaine. . . what an experience!! That is terrible. . . . With that kind of intention on his part, you are lucky he did not try to bite you, too!! What an awful scene!! Is your toe okay? Bless your heart!!

Glad the girls had fun. . .oh, yes, the sun eats fair skin around here!! Can't wait for you to get your turn to try Austin!! Not for the sun, but for all this fun things to do there!!

I can just see you giving demos on how to vacuum now!! Glad that Larry is a believer!! When you finish with your house, pack that Dyson up and come and 'show' me how it works!! I have two hairballs that keep us very busy with a vac!!

Meryl, I take it your holiday agreed with you? Sorry about the ribs, but Missy will just love her treat!!

I have to get myself together and head to the Art Studio!!

Hugs, Katherine
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Oh Elaine,hope you wont have phobia with what happen..HUGS!
Kath,I did enjoy the fun month, thank you so much, dont have loads of time now adays,how I love to just sit and browse and paint and draw and paint,but the "(something in between,cook,grocery,work, daughter and hubby occupies more time)"!!!
Hugs to everyone!
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Miss Elaine
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Ahh thanks you guys, the hugs work really well..

Hi Agnes sweetie, nope no phobias, think I am too thick headed haha never stopped me before and apparently still from jumping in whenever I see cruelty, animal or man I just see red..haha Sounds like your life is pretty full and busy, do know same things tend to get in my way too but then of course add animals...LOL Don't know how Noah did it without wanting to jump overboard...roflol

Hi Katherine, yeah it's okay, broke it and such a lovely shade of blue and purple..haha it's fine tho, should have used the one without the appendages, like the football goal kickers might have had more impact...roflol. Really sad isn't when the highlight of your life is a new vaccum..haha bet I could demo it tho, you're next make sure there's lots of iced tea..haha

Hi Carol anything new with Maddie's eye or is it holding it's own. Hi Maureen hope you are enjoying lovely days at your summer home, guess the connection not so great, miss you but glad you're having some down time to yourself with DH

Hi Sharrm how's it going cutie, Meryl we need a chat..haha been a while now to just get to sit right to do that, hi Viv, Tracey haven't forgotten ya cutie how's it going job wise, Blue the quiet man, kind of strange for the beach stud tho..haha Raymo my man have you abandoned us too..hahaha
Hi Shirl n Pearl.

Bad storm whizzed through here last night, they said could be large hale and 50 mile an hr winds but that didn't happen, was blowing pretty good and the sky was pitch black but it seemed to move south rather quickly, only know that cause the satillite went out...haha dark today and damp but don't need the AC on for Willie which is so very nice for me hate the dang thing..haha

Well I am going to wander around see what's doing and then I'm going to sit and play with some paint for the first time in what seems like forever..
Just thought I'd share my little cowgirl's photo, her and that hat...haha she's too much.

See ya all later then,

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Elaine, she looks so Texasified!! Is that the hat she wore to Texas or the one she got in Texas? I do think I see some 'mini-me' in her!! Good looking!!

I am looking for some plexiglass for two of my half sheets! I am taking them to my teacher's convention in June and do lot want to lug them around with glass in them. The older I get the more I would like plexiglass in all of my frames! Will have to get some good bubblewrap, too! The things we do for art!!

We got enough rain this morning to water our lawns, but that was more than we got yesterday, so that is success!!

DH started driving a school bus a few months ago (he got bored sitting at home) and found out today that he is not finished tomorrow, but Friday! They want certain students to go in on Friday and if they are on your bus, you have to pick them up and take them home. . .he has two! One driver has airline tickets for California on Friday and she said that she is going!! Don't think that the drivers appreciated the bomb that was dropped today!

The Garden is coming. . .

Katherine
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Beautiful B.C.

Hails from Canada

Oh, Wow Elaine.......I see the Mini Mini Me too. She looks like you, that smile, Beautiful girl.
Love that hat, I've got a couple hanging here. Still have a Straw and a Black felt, left from my Cowgirl and dancing days!!! Oh, and my red boots, are around here somewhere, the black ones are long gone. Bet that surprised you all!!! Ha Ha. yep, I use to kick up those boots alot, not so long ago.

Yep, cowgirl at heart, still would love a Ranch with the white fence boardering the drivway both sides up to the house, like I visioned it in my tweens.
Born in Calgary Alta, that's where it started, home of the Calgary Stampede.'

I use to shovel out stalls just to get free rides at a Riding club I belonged to during my early teens, when we lived in Edmonton Alberta. I also use to ride English too, and did some jumping, but must admit, I loved just riding bare back, nothing like it. '
Now you all, see what that hat did to me, LOL brought back some lovely memories. Ok, will stop now, I tend to go on, and on, I know, will tell you about the dancing some other time That's a whole lot of story, wasn't a tween then, just a few years ago it was...........

Elaine, my heart was thumping reading about it, what a horrible thing, poor little one. Can your SPCA not come and try track down that dog, it's not normal for a dog to do that. Was he starving I wonder. What you did was really something under the circumstances I'm amazed he didn't go after you too...... hope he doesn't come around any more, you be careful.
Dyson sounds great. Glad you love it!!! Nothing worse than having one that you hate.........

Hey, what is an Artsphere Meggs Elaine???

Carol, Meggs, Agnes Blue, Katherine Patti Shirl Maureen hi to all
  #157   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Scotland

Hi Shez!!!!
Hello Flower Girls and Guys,
.....was at the park with my nicole who love the sun even though shes browner than me,ekkk me in umbrella,she said iam freak,why is that my embrella is pretty and new.. beside dont want to turn more dark,wouldnt suit me,with all those curly hair on my head,would look like an amazon from heavenly jungle..so I stay in shade.But still had the marks on my shoulder,yes the sun mark.I just love the summer clothes that Iam able to wear..oh well,lookin out the window now,its raining..but so peaceful..kinda make one sad.
Listening to Jango.com playing ABBA..oh Mama Mia,the movie make me cry while singing,and scream when somebody interupts my moments..LOL!
Katherine,thank you again for that fun this month,even though am so busy I did make a point to do it,stay until 1,argh!!LOL!anyway silly me,but did have fun!!
Bet Elaine the animal turn scared seeing you,ohh am not that heroic but iam a good shooter and see no fear when push in the edge either,something nobody expected cuz they always say am all coated sugar and smiles nice,,EHH?
So whos going to be on the stage tommorow?excited to see but dont wanna know..
Back to reality,go get something for dinner..
Hi Shez,Kath,Elaine,Meryl Dahlin,Angel Mau(did you go silly brown as well?),Blue,Marion,Reymo,Carol,Vivs,Patti..and everyone else..HUGS!
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone,

Katherine and Sharrm she brought the hat with her..haha was determined to wear it. When she was little we'd go shopping and the clerks and even some shoppers would stop me to tell me how cute she was and asked 'how old is your daughter'..hahaha She actually does or did kind of look like me in my younger days and to some's shagrin she's definitely got a few of my traits..haha the one's that make people nuts...LOL I really delight in her, course love all of them but there are times I can't help but recognize myself in her. Whenever the free spirit in Jess comes out (which is all the time haha) she'll tell me the tale and say it's all my fault, 'I'm just like you grandma' she'd say. Other kids are a bit more reserved..haha not one of my strong suits...roflol. Given the opportunity I will still raise hell..

Sharrm I have a red one..haha it was when I do horse shows, western riding, not a Lady like Lady Carol atop a mount..haha Did barrel racing for a bit, boots, hat, flat out cowgirl...roflol. Kept the hat too but look really silly in it now, does your head shrink along with everything else????

Agnes must be the little ones that have all the fire, you are a fireball there cutie! I can shoot too, dad was artillery and um no boys so guess who got to hit the shooting range at a very young age...hahaha learned to drive in an army jeep..haha Bit of a tomboy always I guess. Afraid of nothing or no one, only thing that has me these days is driving, I can't keep it straight in my head and my recall with directions is gone, still challenging that one and one day I will win there too..haha I generally don't burn tho I'm what you would could consider fair but always tanned up nice, course now it's a case of turning brown in spots.... sunscreen works so don't forget to put yours on. You're not sugar coated just sweet all the way through but push comes to shove I'll bet you are fierce there girl!

Sharrm that's a little table easel made by Daler Rrowney, it's got a square base and a ball that rotates the top, can adjust to any angle and also flat, you can lock it in place. One of the girls in acrylics, Lil forget her WC name said she used it and it looked really cool so I bought one and love it. Not very big but since it has a solid top will hold a good size surface and rather then spin the paper or canvas ya spin the top. Showed Meryl one time when we were on Skype and it caught her fancy, sure hope she's liking it as much as I do. Meryl are ya??? Here's the link Sharrm if ya want to take a look at it. http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...orkstation.htm

Well let's see have cleaned everything in sight..haha Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the pet grooming accessories..hahaha could just see me vaccuming Willie, but bet it sure would cut down on all that down he's got going on in his undercoat, probably would suck up the cats tho...

End of the month and so far the days are holding on to finer weather, bout dang time..haha Hey Blue what's doing at the beach, Lori heading to the shore this weekend should be a nice rest for her.

Hi Maureen, hope you are enjoying beautiful weather and your summer place. Hi Miss Carol hope you are getting to enjoy time with Maddie and all is still heading in the right direction for him. Hey Shirl, Viv, Raymo my man,
all the peeps.

Time to find something fun to do..haha besides vaccum. Need to get my creative head together and start something, course if nothing happens in the creative thought process can always finish my garden gate...hahaha what is it about finding the energy to finish something, want to but just don't seem to..haha

Will catch ya all later then, have a good one!!!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
  #159   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Hello all. Quiet on the South Texas frontera. Hot, in the mid to high 90s but very windy today. Hibernating with free Kindle books and Netflix.
  #160   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Beautiful B.C.

Hails from Canada

Hey Elaine, thanks for the link..... I like that very much, pretty neat. I use a full size easel most of the time, got a reg and a french for plein aire, also have a small table top, but I really like this new fangled one, great movement. Going to order one for sure Thanks.
Love the Red Hat....Hey, I had to hide mine from my daughter at one point, and then she got her own, yeah!! (you know you never touch a cowboys hat right and you don't share either, it's like sharing your bra....a no no!!!) LOL the girls wear the straws all squished up in the rim etc. in the summer around here, at the beach etc, well that was before the large brimmed hats started getting popular again.
Barrel racer, too, way to go. I was learning how when we got posted overseas. Big fight with my family, I had been saving to buy a horse, didn't want to move.......Only reason I learned to ride English (like Western better) was because I wanted to learn how to jump. I really liked the jumping I was enthralled about going on a Hunt with the Hounds, racing over the countryside......yes, I have a very vivid imagination, still do, can you tell,
You know you and I have a lot in common. Oh, yes, I wanted to ask, were you an army brat too????

Shirl....good warm weather your way, sounds like a nice relaxing day for you
Do the high winds make it dusty around there, do you live in town??

BBl
  #161   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

When you even think about Shar, put your hand over your heart. . .check out the Plant Parade Garden that she did just for us!!!!!!!!

It is beautiful!!!

We appreciate your work, Shar!!

Hugs, Katherine
  #162   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Elaine - dreadful happening - hugs and lots of 'em.

Shar - you're a atar for helping out in the PP garden - thanks a whole bunch of BoPs

Ag - I need to keep out of the sun - burn easily

Everyone - will be back tomorrow - scare this morning and in hosp. until 1.30 when all had returned to normal. Heart fibrillating and breathing a bit distressed - but I'm OK now Just tired!
Not supposed to be on here, so must shut down before DH comes and switches it of.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #163   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 PM

Ah Maureen........hope you are up to the 'High Tea' to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary........get out your long white gloves, I'm make the small sandwiches and make a spot of tea........just you relax and enjoy!

Ta,ta.......'blue
  #164   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Finally get to pop in. M, how distressing. Hiya everyone.

Maddie eye update = so far so good.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #165   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Okay peeps new thread started..http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1137452

Hugs,
E

Florals/Botanicals,