Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Figuary 11 15th March

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m getting a little bored with figuary now and may give it a rest for a few days You could be getting bored with my posts too ;)

1 minute

2 minutes. Just to ring the changes I did this in charcoal. this stick is so soft I could almost blow it off the page

5 minutes – not so pleased with this

A couple of random longer sketches with another bad 1 minute in the background

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

magnuscanis

If you’re getting bored with Figuary, taking a break may not be a bad idea. The videos should be online for quite sometime to come, so you can always go back to them later if you want.

I’m still enjoying seeing your drawings, though I prefer some of the other ones you’ve posted from Figuary to this day’s set. Personally I got on relatively well with day 11 – I think I was just relieved that the model wasn’t constantly moving like the previous day’s one! (Though, to be fair, I’ve found some of the other days quite hard work too – I think it’s probably a combination of the poses on offer and other factors like how tired I am.)

- Magnus

123harry

Not boring at all, David. Always interesting to look at figure drawings. Those charcoal ones have come out very well.
            I will condense my own blog a bit posting a selection from three days at a time I think, just to keep it a navigable size.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

Thanks Magnus, yes I’m sure they will stay up, many people are showing their work on Instagram

Thanks Harry. Yes I was pleased with the 2 minute charcoal. You’ve given me encouragement to continue but I think I might balance these with some longer drawings of the same poses. Glad you are sticking with it. At first I was trying to complete everything in the timings given and post the lot but the essence of this is, I think, to use it as a regular daily exercise. My enthusiasm for drawing has increased for sure :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
            More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
            Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.