Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Sketches

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eraethil

These are obviously not from life, but they were enjoyable ideas to play with in sketch form for now. And I figured they would still fit here, though most of what I see here is from life. Feel free to let me know if they are not appropriate!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

123harry

Great fun and they show a nice feel for the figure.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

Very balanced work, and that’s not a play one words ;) Keep posting :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
            More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
            Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Just as well this wasn’t from life… it would have become a bit of a tangled heap:eek: but with art you can make anything happen… and have fun doing it:thumbsup:

Mac

Looks like you had fun, with good results.

Nathan.
            C&C always appreciated.
            My art on Instagram

Boafamily

Very cool puzzle people.

Eraethil

Thanks for the feedback all. They are definitely fun. Next I’ll try to incorporate these ideas into mixed media works. I think the biggest challenge will be to find the right balance between abstracted/stylized and realistic figures for each work. I’ll want the figures to be at least realistic enough to convince the viewer.

Have any of you worked with imagined poses, that may not be feasible for even the best life models? I’m lucky to have a daughter in theatre and dance who can probably be limber enough to at least give me an idea of how one part of the body changes when another part is hyper-flexed or hyper-extended (without having to hyper-hurt anything). But I’ll have to extrapolate for the ideas I’ve got percolating. Youtube, Pinterest, and Flikr seem to have a lot of interesting gymnast and contortionist photos and videos that may help with visualizing these imagi-poses more realistically. I’ll just have to exrapolate for the body type. If there are any other potential accessible resources you know of that might help, I’d appreciate a link or pointer!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                    Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.