Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Figuary 10 – a moving target!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I was dreading an attempt at figuary 10. Maybe you wont believe this, but I was actually shaking halfway through the challenge and had to take a break ;)

The 1 minute poses werent too bad, with relatively little movement but with the two minute and 5 minute poses the movement increased significantly…
    I minute

I’m not happy about the bottom image on the first one

2 minute – this is where the movement starts to increase…

5 minutes – OK I admit I cheated, after two attempts to draw the up and down movements I gave up and paused the image. I think this is about 6 minutes.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

magnuscanis

I found day 10 by far the hardest day of Figuary so far, which perhaps accounts for why my drawings that day were even worse than usual. It’s a shame it was a Sunday, with an extra long video!

Here’s what I got:

As I generally do with the Croquis Café videos (including the Figuary ones) I tried to sketch all the poses in one take. For the ones where she moved a lot I just did the best I could. Once the video was finished, I went back and paused it at a more or less random point near the beginning of the 5 minute pose and then allowed myself another 5 minutes to draw from that. It’s the second from left on the second page of drawings and I’m not sure it’s actually significantly better than the main sketch from the moving pose (the one just to the right of it).

Incidentally, I wrote myself a note (in Welsh, for no particular reason) on the first page of sketches. It translates as “She moves quite a bit!” :)

- Magnus

a little bit of applause here for the perseverance and dedication to complete the task at hand :)

Mac

123harry

Yes, that one was a bit of a shock! I shouted ‘Stand still!’ at the model but it did no good. So I gritted my teeth and got on with it. I’ll be posting some of the poses shortly.
            You’ve got some elegant shapes and lively gestures out of it in spite of your dissatisfaction.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

Thanks Mac :)

Harry, thanks, it was total frustration! looking forward to seeing yours :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
            More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
            Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.