Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Aerograph Model "A" exploded diagram anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    niglo99

This is the model which proceeded the “Super 63”. The most obvious difference is that the Model As all have tubular anodised aluminium handles (generally green or blue, although there’s a black one on eBay UK at the moment) while the Super 63s have a black, plastic, fountain pen style handle.

I’d guess that the Model A is from the 30s and 40s.

If anyone has an “exploded diagram” I’d love to see it! Although my model A works after a fashion. it has some rather strange “repairs”: a needle locking nut soldered to the needle, for example!

I suspect that the Model A shares some parts with the Super 63, but having just got hold of one and discovered that out of the crate I can do finer lines with it than my Iwata, I’m reluctant to pull it apart just yet – I have some hair to paint!

Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

niglo99

Important. I partially pulled the Super 63 apart today for cleaning. None of the threads are the same which pretty much knocks the idea of parts interchangeability on the head. I do suspect that the needles are interchangeable, but that’s really no big deal!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.