Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Bird Camp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Irishwhistler

[ATTACH]869022[/ATTACH]

Bird Camp ~ A most special place, seemingly frozen in time. Tired dogs lay sleeping by the wood fire, their legs twitching as if still working birds to the gun. The banter amongst friends recall the highlights o’ classic shots made o’er brilliant dog work and the wonder o’ the autumn fields we shared on this fine day. The ringing sound o’ glasses filled with a fine whiskey and lifted in good cheer assure that stories told and retold will be told yet again. Birds taken are yet to be prepared as a feast for those so blessed to share another season. I reflect on hunts long past, grand times had, fine dogs and beloved gunning Mates now long gone and so deeply missed, treasured days to be certain. Our days spent here are so much more than the pursuit o’ game birds with gun and dog, our days in bird camp are where lasting memories are made.

C & C always welcomed.

Slainte,
        Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Well Mike, I got to say, you certainly have a way to romanticize a kill!
        I like the treatment you used to accentuate the grains, textures and colors. You set up a great still life with some nice perspective elements. I wish you had brought the still life a little forward so that you could have eliminated the vertical fence(?) at the far right. Just place your hand over that area, I like how the lines on the side of the house just continue to flow then. I thought maybe you just could have changed your angle but you might have cut off the end of the rifle. This was just a minor adjustment I would like to see, but overall it is very good and your story is even better. You could write for a magazine, you know.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Irishwhistler

Well Mike, I got to say, you certainly have a way to romanticize a kill!
            I like the treatment you used to accentuate the grains, textures and colors. You set up a great still life with some nice perspective elements. I wish you had brought the still life a little forward so that you could have eliminated the vertical fence(?) at the far right. Just place your hand over that area, I like how the lines on the side of the house just continue to flow then. I thought maybe you just could have changed your angle but you might have cut off the end of the rifle. This was just a minor adjustment I would like to see, but overall it is very good and your story is even better. You could write for a magazine, you know.

Lorell,

Your points are well taken and the cropping is the main downfall. To try it now I would lose key elements o’ the piece, including the end o’ the shotgun (not a rifle). There is little romance in killing, that being just that, killing. There is a sure romance in being part o’ the natural world though.

Cheers,
            Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Humburger

Beautiful, Mike. :-)

Ginny
                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                C & C Welcome

Irishwhistler

Beautiful, Mike. :-)

Thank ye Ginny.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.