Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Isolating Selected Colors From An Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fingers

Regarding the attached image, would very much appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how this is done? Don’t expect anyone to go to the trouble of a complicated step-by-step procedure but just seeking some guidance as to where to find instructions.
        I have photo editing computer programs Photoshop and Gimp and have used the eye-dropper tool before but at loss to figure out how to isolate specific colors and show them on an image as per the sample.
        Many thanks.
        [ATTACH]869634[/ATTACH]

Mike L

I don’t think there is any software/apps that do that automatically.

I use Corel Graphics Suite and what I’d do is open CorelDraw, use the eyedropper tool to identify the color, create the box and line, convert to a bitmap and export it as a .jpg.

Only five quick steps. Here’s what it might look like:

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Fingers

Thanks for taking time-out to reply Mike!
                Was assuming that there must have been an app or program involved to do that? Couldn’t wish for a more informative response to get me on the right track. :thumbsup:
                Much appreciated!

Mike L

Thanks for taking time-out to reply Mike!
                    Was assuming that there must have been an app or program involved to do that? Couldn’t wish for a more informative response to get me on the right track. :thumbsup:
                    Much appreciated!

I use CorelDraw, but there are other vector-based programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape (free, I think), and others. It’s much easier for me to create the boxes, lines, etc. using vectors than to try to do it in Corel PhotoPaint, a raster-based program.

If you are familiar with and have the clone tool, the process can be done that way, too.

Here’s a sample of the same process using Corel Photo-Paint, the raster-based program. Only two steps, but I use Draw a lot so it’s easier for me to do it there due to more control.

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Fingers

Great Mike – got some homework/experimenting ahead of me…
                        Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.