Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #558 – Sept 22-30

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Joan T

Scavenger Hunt #558 – Sept 22 – 30
        If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show…366347&page=57

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #558 Sept 22 – 30
        • Water
        • Vehicle
        • Landscape
        • Found in your car
        • Found in your fridge
        • Open
        • Closed
        • On a shelf
        • In a closet
        • In a box
        • In or partly in a bag
        • Related to a sport
        • Related to cooking
        • Related to art
        • Related to travel
        • Related to cleaning
        • A stack of
        • A pair of
        • Something with a lid
        • Something with wheels
        • A foot
        • A hand/paw
        • Self portrait
        • A person other than yourself
        • A treat to eat
        • Worn on your body

Have fun everyone!!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list!

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

From today’s trip to NYC.

1 – water – watercolors
                2 – hand
                3 – landscape – gouache

White Pen

Heya

Thanks Joan for put in that list , new ideas came up …:thumbsup:

Cheers W.P. since 24hours now in Autumn mode….:rolleyes:

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

White Pen

Heya

the Ideas are here with FC S in black on Markerpaper A4

its in one session thru on a sunny Autumn Sunday afternoon …

I watch some Squash game on TV beside the doodling …oh this world class players ..

here the #558 chaos fresh from Europa …

Ps: The Hoovercraft scene it´s where i’m portrait myself , you see…:cool:

Few new ideas came up with this list never thought to put me in in fast vehicles … you didn’t guess what fun the ride was…:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers W.P.

follow the rule ! and draw paint doodle sketch… just do it . Hunting can be fun , ask your pen.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Thanks for the Hunt, Joan. I sketched on my iPad with ArtStudio and fingers.
                        Number 1 and 2, open and closed.
                        Took about an hour….

Joan, I love your NYC sketches. The fountain and water are excellent!

WP, fun as usual. I like the open fridge and the boat … and all the rest.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

"J"

Hunts number 559 and 561 need hosts.

Hi everyone.

Joan T

WP – Fun sketches! Had to stand on my head to study your sketches.

Jo – Love your idea for open and closed. Lovely digi!

"J"

1 vehicle
                                    2 found in your fridge
                                    3 closed
                                    4 in a box
                                    5 related to travel
                                    6 something with lid
                                    7 something with wheels
                                    8 a foot
                                    9 a hand/paw
                                    10 open box

6 1/2 X 11 gray toned paper. Colored pencils

Joan, thanks.

“J”, fantastic to see you. What a great sketch. At first I thought it was a photo!

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                    My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Joan – Thanks for list. The statue has me mesmerized all that subtle shading plus the impressionistic background. Water is nice but statue painting is great.

WP – You got in early this time. The fan boat really caught my eye as they are pretty common down this way.

Jo – WOW that is a stunning digi and only an hour. That is pretty quick for a digi. Love the color and the blending. Looks like one of your pastels.

Jeanne! :clap: Woot! Have missed your compositions. How is Libby doing? How are eyes doing?
                                        This really pops on the toned paper. So good to see you here. You are missed.

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

"J"

Joe Libby is now 8+ months old. She has been spayed. A little spitfire. Always up to something.eyes are the same. The one wont ever gat better. Caused a problem getting license renewal. 5 trips to DMV finally got them but only for two years. They made me take a driving test. And I will have to take a driving test every two years.

jmfletch

Joe Libby is now 8+ months old. She has been spayed. A little spitfire. Always up to something.eyes are the same. The one wont ever gat better. Caused a problem getting license renewal. 5 trips to DMV finally got them but only for two years. They made me take a driving test. And I will have to take a driving test every two years.

Sorry to hear eyes are not improving, but your Art sure is. :thumbsup:
                                                Pardon my French but a road test every two years sucks.

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

"J"

I agree. Nothing like making you nervous. Last driving test was at 18.

jmfletch

Inspired by jo’s flower I charged up Apple Pencil and played with Procreate on iPad using lots of different brushes and styles.
                                                        1 a treat to eat – Tried to look like pastel
                                                        2 foot – Tried to look like charcoal
                                                        3 hand – going for graphite sketch Oh my fingers are not al the same length. Screwed up.:smug: on plus side Ilike how thumb turned out.

Keep sketching
                                                        Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.