Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Library Oil Pastel Challenges August 2018 Oil Pastel Challenge and Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Jennie

Hello oil pastelists and welcome to the July oil pastel challenge and chat thread!

Feel free to post WIPs or ask for feedback. Work must be completed in oil pastel, but you’re welcome to post preliminary sketches etc as you go.

When posting please tell us the size, support, and brands of oil pastels used!

All images are my own.

Photos:

Jennie
        "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
        @jenniferpaints http://jrcs.com.au/artist

laika

Yay, a kangaroo!

I can almost promise to attempt that kangaroo before August is out :)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
            - Otto Rank

Lovely selection of references!Thanks for hosting, Jennie!

Christel

Jennie

Thanks to you both. Very happy to contribute, and love showing off the ‘big boy’ that shared our place for many years.

Jennie
                "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

terriks

A fun group of images, Jennie – thanks for hosting!

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Jennie

I’ve just noticed not all images loaded. I’ll add the remaining 5 I think ASAP.

I’m in my sick bed, and did this A4 draft on sketch paper of an image I know I loaded. Hard to draw with everything held in the air,

Jennie

Jennie

Can only get this one to upload today

Jennie

Sorry to hear that you are in the sick bed and hope you’ll get better soon:heart:
                            I just couldn’t resist the kangaroo and to make it slightly more complicated I added part of the tree landscape. A4

PS – my daughter isn’t very impressed with my painting:(

Christel

terriks

Hee, hee, your daughter may not like it but I do! He’s an irresistible subject! I think you’ve sketched him out nicely, and captured his posture perfectly. :)

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

laika

Darn! Now if I finish my kangaroo it’ll have to exist beside the high standard of Christel’s masterful animal paintings :(

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                    - Otto Rank

Jennie

I do :) you have captured him. He was a cheeky little blighter.

Jennie

Jennie

Thanks Christel, long slow road back I think. But … You’ve got that friendly glare so well, and he was a bit lonely out in rhe paddock by himself.

Jennie

Jennie

Just realised I fail copy and paste this month. :)

Jennie

Thanks Terri, Lamar and Jennie!
                                                Looking forward to your kangaroo, Lamar!

Christel

rbhatt

Christel,
                                                    I like your kangaroo and the change of background which gives more contrast to the subject.

Raj

R-B
                                                    Williamsburg, VA
                                                    My Instagram Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.