Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk DAILY WASH THURSDAY ~October 24th 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

:wave:
    Good afternoon all.

Sad news from my kids. Reece rang me at 11.30pm to tell me their dog Jackson had had a seizure, and they were off to the vet. :crying: Jackson was put to sleep. :crying: All three of them were a mess, and they text me when it was done. (I couldn’t go) I hope they forgive me. Jackson had a very long life. I cried myself to sleep.

I had such a lovely day, with 3 German tourists, walking them around Brisbane CBD. We walked fast :-o they needed to back at their vehicle at 2.00pm, so we did a 4 hour walk in 3 hours. :lol: They would not cut it back, as they didn’t want to miss anything. :lol:

They really enjoyed themselves, and have extended their Brisbane visit by a few more days.

I was lucky and scored a bus home right away.

I had a quick shower, (it’s stinking hot out there) and did a requested live in Tanias event for tonight, for a lady who can’t come. She loves Rose jewellery, (me too!) so I showed her all I have.

JJ, heaven knows you have enough immigrant creatures in your Country that you don’t need another!

You have got that right!:lol:

((((Lynn))))

Just about to have an early supper and get to Tania place, it is after 4.00pm now.

:grouphug::heart::grouphug:

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

Good morning all, thanks for starting the Wash JJ, sounds like a strenuous day, sorry Tania’s dog died.

Art class this morning then Ruth goes to pick up her new glasses in Ormskirk this afternoon. We have another contractor coming to quote for the paving. 6pm.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

Good Morning All.
        I took the Lioness to the opticians for an eye test.
        Eye test was fine, but they wanted £30 for an eye scan and £382 for glasses!
        Off to Spec Savers, same spec. more expensive frames £198!
        This for Varifocal lenses. grey tint.
        Weather dull and wet, confirmed by the two meteorological cats rubbing against my legs to dry off! :cat::cat:

Que Sera

Good morning JJ, Doug and Rod. I’m so sorry to read about Jackson, JJ. That must have been a shock.

We saw some lovely photos in yesterday’s wash, Ruth the mason, Sharon’s rose and Char’s picture from Paige’s graduation.

I hope atticgran smiled, as I did, when Betty renamed her Attagran! Made me think of attagirl. You all know I love autocorrect.

Lynn, I hope you get good news soon.

Late night last night having fun at the quiz though we didn’t do that well. The repartee was entertaining. The questions were quite hard though so my brain is having a rest this morning!

Love to those I’ve neglected to reply to, and greetings to those who wash up later.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

BlissC

Morning JJ, Doug, Rod & QS! Morning all, to those who wash up later, and huggles to all who need them :grouphug:

(((JJ))) So sorry to hear about the kids’ dog. They really are a part of the family. When I was young we had a Sheltie called Sam, and as we were growing up he was always around my sister and I. My mum always used to say that she had two girls, and a little boy.

Bill, I can hear the trailer for “Attack of the Snails” in my head. The guy with the really deep, gravelly voice saying “Coming to a cinema near you…” :lol: :lol: :lol:

Char, yes, I have a level access shower. A few years ago I had a grant to have the bathroom adapted because I was struggling a lot. I wasn’t able to use the bath, even with help, and I was struggling to use the shower over the bath with a bath-board. Now I have a ‘level access’ shower which I can use with a shower chair which has wheels so that I can wheel in and out, and half-height doors so that anyone helping me can do so without getting wet through. :lol: I also have a Closomat toilet that ‘washes and dries’ you, which is a godsend, and the front door ramped so that I can bring my wheelchair into the porch/house.

(((Lynn)))

I did the rest of the masking on the poppies last night, but didn’t get as far as painting. I came over all light-headed and dizzy again, which can happen when I’m really tired. I’m still suffering the after-effects of my very busy week last week.

I was going to go out this morning (only to drop off my repeat prescription request slips off at the doctor’s/make an appointment, call in at the hairdressers, and maybe to the coffee shop to see who’s around), but I fell asleep again after breakfast though and only woke up again a little while ago. If the rain holds off I may pop out this afternoon, otherwise I’ll leave it until tomorrow morning.

I need to call into the hairdressers because I have a bit of a dilemma. My hairdresser texted over the weekend to say she’ll be leaving the salon I go to and setting up on her own, but that any appointments booked with her will still stand, but will be at her new salon. The current salon is really close to me, close to the shops, and only around 5 minutes away by wheelchair. Her new salon isn’t miles away, but it’ll mean a 20 minute journey by wheelchair, and is in the other direction from the shops. In bad weather, there’s no shelter, and it’s generally not so convenient. When I’ve not been able to book with her, I have had my hair cut by the guy who owns the salon, and between the two of them I do think he’s a better hairdresser.

I do have a mobile number for my current hairdresser, so I could reply to her text or phone her on her mobile, but I don’t have a separate number for the guy who owns the current salon, so I have to either phone the salon and hope he picks up the phone, or go into the salon to speak to him. I don’t want to offend my current hairdresser. She’s been really good to me, and my mum who was also one of her customers – she shaved my mum’s hair when she started losing it when she had chemo, and more than once when my mum was ill, and after her chemo when her hair grew back and she didn’t want to go into the salon to have it trimmed, she came out and did it at home for her, and has cut mine at home too. If I go into the salon and they’re both there it could be really awkward, but I’m worried that if I phone, my current hairdresser may answer it, so it would be awkward to have to ask to speak to the guy who owns the salon. I really don’t know what to do for the best! Arrrggg!! :confused:

Rachel
                C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
                Bill

Good day all,

Another pleasant day ahead.

JJ, so sorry to hear Jackson has passed. Always hard to lose our pet friends.

Nothing much happening here. Geography expert, Trump, says he’s building a wall in Colorado, which is 558 Km from Mexico. And, a Chippewa Native American father of seven and grandfather of twenty-one has won $80 million in the lotto.

We make Mercedes here in the states so we won’t get snails sent to us.

I’ll be off to exchange the mower belt this morning. I hope the new one will be easier to install.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

Good evening all.

Warm day again.

A friend of Rogers dropped off a huge many drawed cabinet that was destined for the dump. Roger said, I want it. Thus it is here. For the workshop.

Not much else :wave:

Annie
                        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

They are moving the border Bill? :eek: :lol:

Rachel, Ruth has a home hairdresser and we order our repeat prescriptions online at paitientaccess.com. Ask your surgery whether they do that. The pharmacy will also deliver to your home.

Hi QS, Rod.

Doug

Good Morning! It was a warm night at 13C and very windy. The wind is still blowing the leaves from our trees and the walnuts are flying through the air like missiles! One of them hit Ted in the arm yesterday and left a big bruise!

I finally do not have any commitments for the day. It’s been so long since I’ve been able to say that. I’m going to make a run to town to get my new (to me) phone set up. My old phone does not have a sim card and, apparently, Telus can make all the transfers for me.

Then, I’ll call McKenzie on said phone and pick up some lunch for us. :)

I am going to harvest chives and get them drying. There is some rosemary that could be dried also. I’m really disappointed in that herb because it just didn’t grow well this year. The sage has rebounded and I’ll cut it back, too. I love drying herbs because it makes the house smell good.

JJ, my heart goes out to ((Tania and the Kids)) over the loss of their Jackson.

Good luck to Ruth in getting her new glasses, Doug… and also with the next quote on your repairs.

Rod, I’m going to need a new prescription for my glasses and I know it’s going to be expensive. I can empathize with the Lioness.

QS, Jonathon hasn’t had to do an overseas tour for about 4 years, now, and he’s finally looking healthy and rested. I, too, love Gran’s new moniker and perhaps it will encourage her and bring a smile to her face also!

Attagran!!! You go, Girl!

Rachel, nicely explain to both hairdressers your concerns. Then, go with the person who does the best job with your hair. It’s your hair to wear. :)

Bill, my little Smart Car is a Mercedes!!! I read up on those snails and they’re positively disgusting and toxic!

Ted has just made his way downstairs, so it’s time to think about getting his breakfast made. He put in a really bad evening, unable to eat his dinner, so I’ll keep an eye on him today. He worked outside for awhile yesterday and overdid things.

Hi Annie and All yet to come… I hope your day is the best ever. :)

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Going to be a partly sunny day with a high of 13C.

It’s Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day.

Char, what a lovely photo of Paige and Jon!!! I hope she gets the opportunity to practice her career choice. Hopefully Skitty’s eye is healing well.

Doug, I love that photo of Ruth, reminds me of how strong we were when we were young. I have never cut cement slabs but I have certainly carried and placed many of them.

(((((Lynn))))) Frightening and soooo frustrating not knowing what causes certain health conditions. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that you find out soon and that the cure is simple.

JJ, so sorry about Reece’s pet. You did a lot of walking and tonight is the night, right???:crossfingers: re snails, yup, that is how invasive species get delivered, only the best for the snails:)

Rachel, the solution is kind of simple, you go the already booked hair appointment, tell her you are sorry but the new salon is just too far for you to get to, especially in winter, and when it is time for a new appointment ask for the owner.

Rod, good that you managed to get the better and cheaper glasses. I read “cat(s)”, does Hobo live there now??

Those “designer” frames are outrageous, personally I couldn’t care less if they are “designer” or not, I wouldn’t know the difference:D

Bill :crossfingers: for getting that thing onto the lawn mower.

:wave: to you QS and Annie and I wish you and all of us a really good day!!

Uschi

Uschi

Afterthought about the Mercedes snails. I remember them well, very common in Austria but what I also remembered are the Kapuzienerschnecken, they are a rich burnt sienna colour and about 2″ long and as thick as a man’s thumb and very juicy looking:eek: :D

See HERE

Hi Char, enjoy your fancy schmanzie new phone:)

Uschi

:wave: everyone,
                                Grey today with a high of 4.

I got the last of the major chunk of Xmas baking finished last night late. The last cookies are chocolate dipped and the chocolate wouldn’t set. Usually this time of year I set them on baking trays on the deck and the near freezing temperatures has them hard in half an hour. Last night it was 8 degrees and it took over two hours. After packing them in their container I didn’t get to bed until 1:30. :rolleyes:

No baking today. My bad knee is painful so I’ll find jobs that I can sit and do. I’m waiting for a delivery of oil paint, I have to work on my watercolour painting, I have to pay the dentist and pick up pills at the pharmacy, meet the school bus, and clean up the mess in the kitchen from three days of painting. Other things will pop up I’m sure.

I can’t remember if I told you the result of my doctor visit yesterday. After I post this I’ll go back and check and update this if I didn’t. Aging memory. :lol: I checked and no I didn’t. The results have my doctor puzzled. My X-ray shows no sign of psoriatic arthritis or osteoarthritis and my joint looks more like rheumatoid arthritis. However, my bloodwork has no inflammatory markers or rheumatic factors. He is still wondering is it is a form of gout so we have together made the decision to try 2 kinds of pills temporarily to see if they reduce my finger swelling. One removes Uric acid from the blood quickly (my bloodwork shows mine is high but in the normal range for post menopausal women), and the other is the standard gout treatment. He also is sending me to see a rheumatologist next time they have a clinic here. He said he could do an aspiration of the joint looking for uric acid crystals (I turned it down since we are trialing the pills which would be the treatment if he finds crystals), or a cortisone shot for the symptoms (I turned that down too). I pointed out new research that showed they increase cell death in the cartilage and could cause osteoarthritis over time. He knew about the research and agreed with me if I can manage without it (which I can).

I love the Attagran name.

I need to start my day so I’ll wish everyone the best day possible.

www.ellenspalette.com

:wave: Thanks for the hugs folks :heart: Groceries and dancing, BBL…..

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

ScarletLake

:wave: HELLO EVERYONE:wave:

I will catch up on posts this evening or early in the morning. Today I’m going shopping with a friend for a few hours.

hope everyone is well today.

Our trees are turning beautiful colors.

Take care

Anita

Back home!

Ruth is delighted with her new glasses and says the TV looks 3D now :)

(((Lynn))) my blood test shows liver problems but we are teetotallers so I have put it down to the side effects of some pills I am taking.

That’s a lot of baking Ellen :eek:

Hi Char, Usch, the Ontario twins :)

PS Hi Anita.

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.