Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Interpreting Impressionist Work – Berthe Morisot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ale2018

Hello friends!

I publish this painting which I interpret in a respectful way and with some modifications the work of a spectacular impressionist that was Berthe Morisot (The Harbor at Lorient).

I ask the help of the friends of the forum as to the tips of improving the work and a certain patience with the amateur quality of my work. :)

Alexandre George
        Just an amateur artist trying to learn the noble art!

Humbaba

I took a look at the original painting, and when compared to it they look quite different. The basic rules of landscape painting are not present in your work, there is no sense of distance, the objects in the far horizont are too clear and discernible, try to blur them. Blue, the color blue applied to mountains can also help to add distance.

Richard P

I think this is charming, it has a definite character and I especially like the figure of the woman.

Raffless

Love this. Youve created a unique work of art. You may need to look at a few perspective problems in the drawing stage. But this is very well painted.

Ale2018

I took a look at the original painting, and when compared to it they look quite different. The basic rules of landscape painting are not present in your work, there is no sense of distance, the objects in the far horizont are too clear and discernible, try to blur them. Blue, the color blue applied to mountains can also help to add distance.

Thank you for the tips Humbaba. :thumbsup:

As for resemblance this my painting is not a copy. I always modify or add something just so it does not look like a photocopy and so I can gradually evolve.

Even the angle of vision of the one who observes the work intends to put it in perspective above in the port. As if it were elevated.

Again the atmospheric perspective has been a problem for me when I add architectural elements. I will try to soften the colors and shapes giving more depth to the figure.

I am very grateful for your advice.

Alexandre George

Ale2018

I think this is charming, it has a definite character and I especially like the figure of the woman.

Hello Richard P!

You’re a gentleman in your comment. I’ve a notion of the amateurism of this work and so I place it without constraint or ego in order to learn from you.

As a teenager I wanted to paint and be a full-time artist, but the social and economic circumstances of my country gave me no alternative but to pursue different careers, which I exercise with affection and honesty. However, they are not the great “love” of my life.

I’m very happy for the sincere comments of the friends, because I do not have academic preparation and I try on my own to crawl in this noble art.

A big hug!

Alexandre George

Ale2018

Love this. Youve created a unique work of art. You may need to look at a few perspective problems in the drawing stage. But this is very well painted.

Hi Raffless!

Once again I thank the commentary and the advice. At the end of the first coat of paint I had this notion that the more distant items could be geometrically smaller. However, I thought: Finish and see how you deal with this error.

So I posted in the forum so that the experts help me and that the criticisms improve my will to hit. I have already been told that the mistake and attempt in painting are good. The problem is to be afraid to show these mistakes.

I’m very happy, my friend, for your opinion!

Alexandre George

123harry

You do not need to do anything else to this, it is complete. It is not Berthe Morisot it is you, you have made it into a very individual image. The bright colours and flattened perspective are part of that. If it looks like the work of any other painter it is the douanier Rousseau, which is a compliment.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Ale2018

You do not need to do anything else to this, it is complete. It is not Berthe Morisot it is you, you have made it into a very individual image. The bright colours and flattened perspective are part of that. If it looks like the work of any other painter it is the douanier Rousseau, which is a compliment.

Thank you for the encouragement and nice words!

Alexandre George

Richard P

I agree, I like your version more than Berthe’s

Ale2018

I agree, I like your version more than Berthe’s

I thank you very much for your opinion and kind words.

I’m watching this study more critically, and it seems to me that the lady’s head is somewhat disproportionate to the body, I say small.

Do you have the same opinion?

I thank again the immense help all friends of this forum are providing me.

Alexandre George

edmund ronald

I am sorry to have to agree completely with this critique. By distorting the perspective and making an unnatural use of saturated colour you have created an unique and effective painting with multiple points of interest that glows splendidly with an orientalist touch. It is quite distressing to see people create good work so easily.

Edmund

My virtual sketchbook, one a day https://www.instagram.com/edmundronald/

Ale2018

I am sorry to have to agree completely with this critique. By distorting the perspective and making an unnatural use of saturated colour you have created an unique and effective painting with multiple points of interest that glows splendidly with an orientalist touch. It is quite distressing to see people create good work so easily.

[B]Edmund

Dear Edmund!

I’m really flattered by your comment. Thank you so much![/B]

Alexandre George

Hamburgefions

Nice work!

Ale2018

Nice work!

Dear Hamburgefions!

Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Alexandre George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.