Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia May Watermedia Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    CaliAnn

Welcome to our May Watermedia challenge!

I hope you find something to inspire you this month to join in this month’s challenge! You can upload your artwork at any time (there’s no reveal date), you can even do more than one if you’re so inclined – the more the merrier!

All images are from Pixabay or my own.

When posting, please mention size and medium and any other relevant information – curious minds want to know

The most important thing to remember is: HAVE FUN!

CaliAnn

more images:

CaliAnn

and just a couple of more :):

ColdPress

Wow CaliAnn, those are great references! Thanks for hosting.

Happy painting! ... CP

Thanks for a great selection of references! Thanks for hosting.

Christel

ArtySinger

ooh,nice,I look forward to getting stuck into some of these.

Sandie
                        https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/sandiecroftart.html

A wonderful set of images CaliAnn.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

CaliAnn

Thanks everyone! Can’t wait to see what you all do!

A wide ranging selection of refs. Thanks! What is the kitty’s name?

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CaliAnn

Thanks Kay!

The kitty is Lil Lulu – she is a feral that I rescued 2 years ago. She was in really, really bad shape when I trapped her. She was 10 months old, had a broken pelvis that had kinda/sorta healed, emaciated, FIV positive, usual flea infestation, worms, URI – BUT worse of all – someone had doused her with gasoline and tried to set her on fire! So, brought her to vet to get medical attention, washed up and she is now my cat. It took 6 months before I could touch her – I don’t think anyone had ever touched her before with kindness. She is now my little princess. She sleeps with me, follows me around, plays fetch and as you can see in the photo – looking like a loved, well fed, happy princess – as she should be! She is still a very scared cat, but has come such a long way. She’s fine with me, you’d never know she was feral – she is so sweet and gentle. I had a room set up for her when I first brought her home and she’d hide – I would lie on the floor and talk to her for hours sometimes – taught her how to play, she didn’t know how and any movement I made with my hand, no matter how small – she’d run away. Not anymore though. Like I said, she’s my little, spoiled princess and I love her to pieces!

ColdPress

CaliAnn, I can’t find words to say how wonderful it is that you rescued Lil Lulu and painstakingly helped her become a happy, healthy kitty who knows she’s loved. Your photo of her says everything about what you’ve done.

Happy painting! ... CP

LENGERT

Thanks for hosting CaliAnn. These references are just stunning.
                                        Terrible what your princess had to go through, you are very kind hearted. She is beautiful :cat: We have done our fair share of taking in feral cats during the 44 years we’ve lived in our house. All kinds of issues at first but love and patience always brought them around. I always say the rescues are the best pets and show their appreciation by giving us so much back.

sanlynn

CaliAnn

Thanks CP and Sanlynn: I think most people would have stepped up to the plate given her circumstances – I just don’t understand how some people could be so cruel though – why burn a cat? Such sick individuals out there!

Bless you for taking in Lil Lulu as she looks very sweet. People can be so cruel. All my 5, now 4, kitties were rescues. Chester was a feral and still bites or claws at us but he is getting softer in his older years of 8.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CaliAnn

Thanks Kay. We lucked out with Lulu – she is neither a biter, scratcher or hisser – when she gets really scared, she hyperventilates and occasionally, will pee herself. But she hasn’t doesn’t any of that in the past year and a half. She’s just such a gentle soul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.