Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life The concept

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I have been reading oil painting books, watching videos, and practicing with oil, and created this composition called the concept. While reading a book published by a famous artist, he describes the still life and the so called concept in order to create a composition. This is an almost finished work done in oil, a hard panel 11x 14, where I tried to use every tip learned to make it better. I utilized the concept of chiaroobscuro, sharp edges, values, found and lost edges, contrasts, high chroma, and the oblique line. C&C are welcomed.

Wow Moises! Your studying has paid great dividends as this is beautiful from the translucent grapes to the warm glow of the peach against the metal pitcher. A stunning painting!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Thank you Kay. I am learning so much that I don’t have time to paint due to my job. However, I wonder if you have in your area any future workshop in Still life. Last year I was ready to attend a workshop offered by Jeff Legg in Linden, Texas but it had to be cancelled due to poor attendance. So let me know if you have any workshops near you, since I live in south west Arkansas.
    BTW, I have the final work of this painting since there was a problem with the table which looked buckled.

carolkay

Moises – I saw this in oil painting – but will comment here!

This is very beatiful as all ur work is- fantastic portrayal of the brass pitcher

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success

Thank you Carol. You made my day!

vhere

beautifully done

Thank you Vhere.

goldensun

This looks great, reminds me of Javier Mulio. Excellent job on the vase and apple, I would work a little more on those grapes though.

This looks great, reminds me of Javier Mulio. Excellent job on the vase and apple, I would work a little more on those grapes though.

Thank you. Well, the main attraction is the vase and the peach, but your point is valid since so far the concept may be the entire composition.

wendtech

Moises….looks like you have satisfied your “concept”. It looks finished to me. Also, it appears you possess all the skills necessary to create beautiful art and do not need to take more workshops. You have all you need…my opinion.

carolkay

I think it’s excellant .

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success

Carl, Carol,
                        Thank you for the words of encouragement. I try to apply any “rule” or tip to make an oil paint reasonably well.

skipstah

Very nice work. Sense of light on the vase and peach in particular is well done.

WEBSITE

Thank you Michael.

IronPawn

Hey Moe, how are you my friend? This is awesome… great staff! Talk to you soon.

Zoran

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.