Home Forums Explore Media Woodcraft ‘Big Dragon Lovespoon’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Stanley

Big Dragon Lovespoon finished. The lovespoon is carved from a single piece of American curly cherry, finished with a thin sealing layer of polyurethane, accented with burnt sienna and ivory black artists oils wash and finally polished with hard wax.
        The lovespoon features chainlinks, a simple Celtic knot strapwork heart and a main feature dragon amid floral and plant elements. On the back is a more stylised continuation of the floral, plant and Celtic-knot-heart surround a central heart with an inscription rendered by black ink on pyrography engraving.

Hi David .. what a marvelous piece! How long did it take?

Incredible work and a wonderful design.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

David Stanley

Thank you Ken and Doug. Ken, I have no exact idea how long but from photo dates, on and off through February.

That is stunning!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Dalboy

I have started to explore woodcarving as onother means of decorating my woodturning as well as using paints and other ideas, hence the reason for joining here. Anyway I wonder off why I posted here. This is one fantastc piece of carving with plenty of thought going into the design as well as the way it is carved to give the feeling of depth with such a thin piece of wood

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.