WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada
Re: Weeders' Chatroom!

Yahoo for the new chair! Maybe you can paint on the racing stripes Is it an electric chair? Oooh knuckle buster that's no good.
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 10:27 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hope you've got used to the chair by now Mike ......... had a little giggle (thank you!) cos your description about knuckle-busting sounded very similar to our dog, Charlie, of late, going through doors with his BIG collar after eye surgery!

Foam-covered knuckle-dusters needed?

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

Maureen, are you implying that i walk on my knuckles like your dog Charlie? Well, there are some branches on my family tree that are questionable.

great work this week everyone! Jaedon was definitely a popular little guy this weekend!

Said Hamlet to Ophelia, I'll draw a sketch of thee;
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?
Spike Milligan
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2017, 01:28 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My saa website**
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2017, 01:37 PM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Good to see you here again Maureen. Hope you're coping
Hi everybody, I wanted to show you my art cards in a box. I had 100 sets made.
Hope to sell them on art fairs, etc. The box contains 10 art cards (15x21cm) (A5) What do you think?

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2017, 04:05 PM
A WC! Legend
Beaudesert Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

I think they are an absolute winner Connie, how much are you asking for them?

I did over 60 cards(all original hand painted and packaged with an envelope in cellophane) and put a price of $7 on them and did not sell a single one. It was just a test run at our local market before the open studio event in May but no takers for me. A bit disappointing but I know I can sell them at our local gallery so no harm done.
Here are just a few that I did.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2017, 06:39 PM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Hi everyone!
Bonnie - What a wonderful trip - have fun! I am totally jealous!
Mike, You just need some really cool fingerless gloves now for racing around in those tight spots!
Connie, Those cards look wonderful and a very nice assortment! The smaller stuff always helps pay fees! Are they like greeting cards that open, or just flat like postcards?
Not too much new in my world - still working at the bank fulltime - mortgage department is extremely busy. I need to paint to distress! I swear it is so therapeutic for me. I am going to volunteer at the Animal shelter starting this weekend. It has been 6 months since I lost my boy dog (brother to our collie, Moxie) and I am not ready to have my heart broken again(yet), so thought I would help out some less fortunate pooches. Hopefully arthritis won't disqualify me from being a dog walker. You actually have to take an Orientation class first, so we'll see!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2017, 04:27 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Christine, that is way too cheap for those lovely handpainted cards.

I'm asking 12,50 euro (13 USD)for a box. They are flat postcards but with envelope.

Barbara, you Always were an animal lover. How old is Moxie?

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:12 AM
A WC! Legend
New Jersey

Hails from United States

The cards are lovely Connie. Let us know how you make out.

Anne
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hi all!

just finished perusing the last 2 weeks of artwork. as always...

Connie... those cards are awesome! have you thought of making a calendar from your work for the end of the year?

Cristine... i agree with Connie about the price of the lovely cards. you have to pay yourself too

Barbara... i can relate to you losing your puppy. we lost our cat last year and you can't get another right away. it takes time to move on. my wife is a banker too!

and yeah those gloves will be cool. maybe a leather helmet and goggles too .. woo hoo!!!

not a lot new here. practicing wheelies in my chair... ... the final bit of the renovations are complete. been experimenting with selling some ACEO prints on ebay but no luck yet.

Spike Milligan
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2017, 03:39 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

How about some colored lights on the chair too Mike? - someone in our village has hers decked out and personalised!

Connie - the box of cards looks very good - a nice gift!

Christine - agree, much too cheap - they are small original paintings after all, not prints!
I hope you are OK - the storm/tornado which hit the coast of Queensland sound horrendous!

Barbara - helping out at the rescue/animal centre sounds good too - Lisilk does that ........ a way of being close but not yet having full responsibility for another dog.

The thought keeps crossing my mind of having a rescue dog - would love a puppy but at my age the training could be too much! Looking at websites close to home, the dogs are mostly staffies and I'm concerned they may have been owned by the wrong sort of people!

**My saa website**
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2017, 04:36 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Mike you can get racing stripes on your helmet and padded knuckle gloves, glad you are getting around
Barb, it is hard to face getting a new pet when yo lose one, we lst our dog 10 yrs ago and have not got another, think we will stick with cats, our 19 yr old has been gone a year, we have 3 left, fostering is a good way to go to (tho I would want to keep them all)
Connie , the box of cards is fabulous.
Christine, I too have put a 7 -10 $ price tag on original cards and end up using them to give to close friends. because everyone wants cards for cheap, no realizing how nice a noriginal piece of art is
Maureen so glad to see you back.
I made it back from London the same day of the westminster bridge attack, DH was a bit alarmed until he realized I was already homeward bound, It was a wonderful 8 days of museums and galleries and walkabouts in the day and theater every night, everything from ballet, to jazz to plays to musicals, it was good to see my friends (one have not seen for 6 yrs, the kids are 6 and 8 now, the other where I stayed was back in canada last fall when his mom was sick and passed away, but had not seen him for 8 yrs before that, wonderful hosts, had a place to stay and meals prepared every night at 5, I was so spoiled.
I did not see an english bulldog Mike, but promise to have some good ones for my next hosting

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:46 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hi all!

loving all the art work this week. very illustrative stuff so far

sounds like i need to get a paint job and take a world wheelchair tour... free rides anyone?

Maureen... just keep watching the shelters. maybe the right dog will come in.

Bonnie... glad you had a good time. sounds like fun! no worries about the bulldog

not much new here except we are cat sitting my daughter's 2 cats while they go on holiday to British Columbia. we found out our cat and her cats do NOT get along . bit of a circus inside a zoo here lately.

Spike Milligan
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2017, 07:28 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Cat wars! Hissing and spitting?

Mike, driving back into our village a couple of days ago I passed a local resident in his motorised chair/scooter .... crikey!.... it was bedecked with flags and lights and flagpoles seemed to be from each corner! ... just as well all extensions went upwards! Now there's an idea Mike, at least all traffic will see you!
Its good that you have your sense of humour ..... how about some of your cartoons illustrating the cat fights?

**My saa website**
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

My husband and I decided when we need medi chairs, they are going to be turbo boost with Harley davidson insignia and flags

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .