WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Weeders' Chatroom! A Thank you...

I would like to say to All of You Wonderful People that Posting, and sharing with you is an absolute Joyous thing for me. I cherish Every Comment...
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2017, 04:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Beaudesert Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: Weeders' Chatroom!

Happy New Year everyone, I hope everything good comes your way in 2017.

I am sorry to have missed Kors hosting week, I have been under the weather but am starting to come good. They tell me it is a chest infection
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2017, 05:55 AM
WC! Guide
Edinburgh

Hails from United Kingdom

Happy 2017 everyone! Hope the new year brings good things to you all

I intend to participate in more WDEs this year. I missed quite a lot of them last year; I got carried away with lots of other projects and missed out (I always find WDEs fun to work on). I've decided to take part in more of them no matter how busy I am, even if I can only spend ten minutes on something it is better to have a go than to miss out.

I have photos ready to post up when I get home tonight.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2017, 07:51 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Skylar - what a nice compliment to the forum - thank you - it goes without saying how we love to have you here too - but there, I've said it!

Sorry to hear you're poorly Christine (I thought it was summer downunder?!!!) do hope you are well again soon. If it's the same strain as many have over here , it does tend to linger .. but you're in good company - The Queen is still under the weather too!

Kay - that really is the right attitude and I must make it my mantra too - I'm struggling to get things done some weeks if it doesn't work first go - this week is one of them!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-11-2017, 07:41 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

It sure is summer and dont we all know it , I think what I had came about from sawing down dead palm fronds and getting a lung full of nastiness when I got covered from head to foot in dust and goodness knows what else. I think I will pay someone to do it in future.
What I had was more like pleurisy I think but no doctors were open and I did not feel up to sitting in an emergency room to get it sorted. Anyway I am all better now and so is the Queen so I hear so I have been in very good company
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-11-2017, 09:32 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Well winter is in full blast, -35 to -40 this week, hoping to get outside this weekend.

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2017, 10:08 AM
WC! Guide
Edinburgh

Hails from United Kingdom

Snow has been forecast for us today. There is a lot of it further north - I could even see it on my walk to work this morning - but so far it's missed us. I love a bit of snow! So I will wait patiently.

Thanks to all of you that participated in my WDE last weekend, I really enjoyed looking at everyone's versions of my photos. I finished something very quickly that I'll post later (even though I don't like it very much!) - I'm determined to finish one each week! I haven't got very far with my painting this year - hopefully I'll speed up again now the house is back to normal after Christmas (even though my table is covered in chocolate!)
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2017, 02:18 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

greetings from snowy Calgary!! i hope everyone had a great holiday season.. and survived to tell about it

sorry i haven't been around for a while. the renovations took longer than expected, and my office/studio got misplaced in the mess! why is it that your art space is always the first to go? anyway, got the last 2 weeks caught up, and still have a couple from previous weeks to finish... maybe next week.

renovations are finally done!! at least mostly.. couple of things outside to finish when the weather improves. so i have a nice wheelchair ramp... and no #$%@ wheelchair yet! gotta love govt health care at least the new bathroom on the main floor is making life a lot easier for me .. woo hoo!
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?
Spike Milligan
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2017, 12:52 AM
Adopted city Bangkok,Thailand

Hi everyone
Hope all of you are doing fine

Would love to see your work in this 2016 Hall of Fame thread join us please.

To do in what you love is freedom and to love in what you do is happiness......writer unknown

Last edited by Dewi : 02-23-2017 at 12:57 AM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:03 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Thank you all for all the messages of support - they really did, and do still, help.
As you can imagine, it's been a very traumatic time. My husband had been regaining his health over the past 10 month and feeling good again, unfortunately emergency surgery was too much for him.
Three weeks after that, my sister's husband also died very suddenly and so we had the same things to deal with yet again.

While I'm still doing a lot of Admin work 'de-coupling' all the household accounts, pensions and tax etc (such an awful lot! ), I am hoping to get back to the forums here and help out where and when I can.

Thank you Dewi for letting all our friends here know and thank you EVERYONE for your kind prayers and thoughts - you'll never know how much they helped me.

Now I'm hoping to catch up on all that's been happening and try to see all the WDEs done in my absence - I'll also try to catch up on gossip here! - and do my bit to help The Team, who have been holding the fort

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Blessings and strength to yo uMaureen and family to recover and carr on

I have been trying to get back into the habbit of WDEs again, have been doing alot of sketching and small things, so that is my new direction, I spent the winter making journals and trying to grasp mixed media and abstractions, this year is a new year of learning for me. I am enjoying our new hosts and hope we can get more. I am off to London for a week in March so will have some new photos for my hostin when I get back, I am spending a week submerged in culture with some friends who live there, they have booked theater, music, opera, orchestra, jazz, blues, gallery shows and museums for me, I am advised shopping is not allowed. I just hope it is not raining

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Maureen - I cannot begin to imagine all the administrative stuff that needs to happen. And your sister to be going through the same thing. Oh dear

Have fun in London, Bonnie. What is this "shopping is not allowed"? These pals would rather do non-shopping things?
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Its wonderful to see you back Maureen, you have been in my thoughts since Dewi gave us your sad news.

Have a great holiday Bonnie.

Happy to hear your renovations are progressing Mike and hope the wheelchair is not too far away.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

You have been so missed and in our thoughts and prayers Maureen.
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2017, 04:51 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

great to see you back Maureen! now we have to get you back in 'artist' mode i know ... it takes time ... only when you are ready.

have a good time in London, Bonnie! i am jealous but i can still say i have been to London .... London, Ontario are we going to see a British bulldog the next time you host the WDE? hee hee

awesome artwork as always this weekend everyone!

news here is that i finally got my wheelchair! pretty blue color. i asked for racing stripes too, but they would have none of that! now i have to learn the ins and outs of using it. first thing i learned is that it is a knuckle buster going thru narrow doorways if i'm not careful.
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?
Spike Milligan