Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Isolation coat question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thaddeus83

Hi all!
        After years of painting and sealing my acrylic paintings with polymer varnish, I’ve recently been thinking about adding an isolation coat to my acrylic paintings before i seal them. I’ve been reading up on the process and theres one question I can’t find the answer to… If I’ve already applied acrylic polymer varnish as a topcoat, can I then add an isolation coat with another layer of varnish on top of that? My thinking being that very top coat could be removed if needed for cleaning in the future, with the layers underneath protected with an isolation coat. Thanks!

Jon

Hello and welcome!
            I suggest you ask your question in the acrylic Forum.
            Be sure to explore the many other forums, too.
            FYI:
            * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
            * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
            * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
            *You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name
            * You must have two written posts prior to being able to upload an image

Thaddeus83

It told me to ask it here, but thanks.

Jon

This is the welcome forum so no one should tell you to ask about acrylics here. :)

We can help with any questions on finding your way around the site or using the site features.

Hi, nice to meet you.

This is is the forum for introductions which is why it was suggested you post here first so that you could introduce yourself and get advice on using the forums, inserting images and so on.

If you look at the index there is a brief description of every forum that will help you find the best place for whatever you’re posting.

Please post all questions about acrylics in the Acrylics Forum.

Enjoy the forums and be sure to check out the Member FAQ’s for help navigating the forums and for how to’s on inserting images and such

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

talisman

Welcome to WC!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.