WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... Ongoing 2019

Little bit of a hiccup with the art supplies. They were delivered to a collection point but I wasnt told about it. Several emails bac and forth and we resolved it and I have now got a couple of large tubes of Lemon Yellow Pthalo Blue some oil medium and varnish.

Now I just need to paint
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2019, 05:21 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

glad you sorted out the art supplies Mark...now...paint!

Here it is...painting from this Saturday morning...back in the saddle so to speak...

"Tu Me Manques"
18x24 inches..Oil on Linen

Name:  Tu Me Manques resize.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  136.1 KB
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2019, 02:21 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Becca I do admire how you seem to bare your emotions in your paintings. They seem very personal without ever giving too much away.

I know it is you in the painting I just dont know if you are getting dressed, getting undressed, revealing or covering up, if you are alone or with someone.

I do get a feeling of melancholic in a lot off your work like its flash back rather than in the present. But perhaps that makes them even more beautiful

Lovely.

Do please keep going
  #109   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2019, 03:16 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Mark, such lovely words...and it is good to know the ambiguity is successful...that is important ... have a few more I want to get to, will see if I can soon....there, I said it...will likely keep going...! though winter is best time I have for painting, something about those long grey days allows more time for it.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #110   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 06:10 AM

Hey everyone! I'm on vacation, and oil paints are waiting for me at home. I've just finished a copy of my grandfather's watercolour. The original is 38 years old, so I couldn't help but boost my colours thinking it was that way before.

30x40 cm. paper. I've also bought cheap Russian made study grade watercolours, Sonnet. Weird, they still use fugitive pigments even in costlier artist grade paints.

Last edited by ik345 : 08-26-2019 at 06:12 AM.
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 11:55 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Mark, I'm glad the paint delivery issue was resolved. I'm sure you're like me and there's always such an eagerness to get your hands on those new paints so it's hard to wait. Just curious: what mediums do you use? How are you healing up from the injury?

Becca, I'm glad you're back at it painting-wise! I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I'm always intrigued by the way you paint hair - so loose but it really tells the story. I also often see a bit of melancholy in your self portraits, but that's perfectly OK.

Hey, Ilya, really nice work! You might want to also post it in the Cityscapes or Landscapes forums! Happy vacation!

I'm busy with class and catching up with a lot of tasks I've put off.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 08-26-2019 at 12:02 PM.
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Ilya, nicely done! enjoy vacation!

Annie, thank you ....as for the hair, usually I just use a knife for it...the piece about I used the brush though...have painting 3 more paintings in the past week, Sunday to sunday....maybe later will resize them and post them here...

Nice to hear from you!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 12:45 PM

Thank you! I know there are other forums but somehow I feel at home here. Trying oils last year improved my skill with other mediums and raised my motivation, so... just paying respect.
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 12:57 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Ilya, yes, even mastering one subject will make you keener for others too...

Here are my 3 from this past week...

1) Infinity, 48x24 inches
2) Delicate, 18x24 inches
3) Raw, 30x24 inches

Name:  infinity resize.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  117.2 KB

Name:  delicate resize.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  170.0 KB

Name:  Raw resize.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  138.0 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #115   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 02:06 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

btw, this is the hair/head of infinity, have gone mad as it doesn't show up well in any other photos...!!!

Name:  infinity hair resize.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  188.4 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #116   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

I was so unhappy with a variety of things about this one, I spent part of my day reworking it...I'm happier with it...the ref had been as I originally painted it, and may have been interesting effect for a photo but I loathed it on canvas...

Name:  infinity1 resize.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  110.8 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #117   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2019, 04:28 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Lovely paintings as always Becca
  #118   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2019, 04:31 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Annie I am using a Michael Harding oil painting medium

The hand is healing thanks but I still cant clench a fist as yet and it still feels very stiff. It can take up to a year apparently.

On the plus side I am painting loads so I am not letting it slow me down on that front
  #119   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2019, 04:53 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Mark...glad you are painting a lot...and doing well with it too from what I'v seen..

I'v been painting a lot too, and opposed to what I typically do, I went back to two and made changes to the effect I like them more now...others seem to as well...

I'm anxious to see how they look once curing has had a chance to occur
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 09-05-2019 at 04:55 PM.