Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 1 Nov. Japanese Street Scene ~ very late

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

8.5×11.5 mixed media on matboard just completed today (sorry Karen (dupliKate), total time about 2.5 hours. Starting with Magic colored pencils the scene was sketched, then Caran d’ Ache watersoluble wax crayons all over and blended with a wet brush…still did not work :rolleyes: so added acrylic and that seemed to tie the three media together. Loved the reference, so thanks Karen, and apologies for lateness. :wink2:
    C&C welcome :cool:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

gorgeous work Kay !!!!

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

dupliKate

Oh Wow! This is just beautiful. The colour is so rich…so much depth. I’m so glad I got to see this. I love it!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

ronsu18

😀😀😀
                agreeing with dupliKate, the color is rich yet translucent. i love the rhythms in this! all the lines, dancing, the depth creates expectation. it makes me happy for no particular reason. what a joy to see!

C&C welcome

Bold, rich and beautiful …. stunning!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

eyepaint

Super! I wonder what they are discussing … :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

ConnieT

Kay, I think you have brought this scene ALIVE, with wonderful colors, contrasting values, and expert drawing. The ladies seem right at home, very natural, enjoying their chat — and everything directs the eye toward them as the focal point. WOW! — that’s really knowing what you’re doing! It’s very instructive about how to build a painting effectively, and I take note :)

Aesthetically speaking, I agree with ronsu: i love the rhythms in this! all the lines, dancing… :thumbsup:

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Clea

Some of your best! You took on something so complicated, and expressed it so well!

Thanks to you all for commenting. Using three different media finally the acrylics made it click.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.