Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects A new Neocolor II butterfly – X-post Watermedia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

Well, it seems I’m very inspired by butterflies these days. :) Here is a new one I did in Neocolor II over Windsor & Newton gouache on Strathmore Toned Grey Mixed Media 5 x 7 paper. I immensely enjoyed this process and might do my next ones that way too, working Neocolor II wet and dry on a first dried coat of gouache. The reference for the butterfly is from Pixabay.

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

CaliAnn

As I said in watermedia:
            Absolutely gorgeous Virginie! I’m a colorholic, so I especially appreciate this – I love the bold, bright, confident colors – so beautiful!

Lovely, Virginie!

Christel

Boafamily

Lovely bright colors! Great job Virginie!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Kiffin

Hi Virginie Very nice bright colours. Only thing I can see to improve painting is to add another 2 legs. All butterflies have six legs.

SnapV

Thank you very much CaliAnn, Christel, Anthony, Viv and Kiffin :)

And Kiffin thanks for the feedback! I actually did try to make the front legs like in the reference picture in which they are folded. I guess I probably should go back over them and accentuate them a bit so they are noticeable. Here is the ref from Pixabay:

Virginie

CaliAnn

I think your butterfly is gorgeous as is – you aren’t going for realism, and IMHO, your painting is better than the photo – so there! my 2 cents :)

SnapV

Thank you CaliAnn!

I just did a little demo of my process with Neocolor II in my Watermedia thread if anyone else is interested :)

Virginie

Skappy

This is beautiful Virginie I commented two days ago and it is not there that must be the gremlins I love those vibrant colours

Kiffin

Virginie Thanks for posting original. I didn’t know that butterflies hid their legs like that. I will keep my mouth shut in future!

Triduana

Very good, lovely colours. It has a stained glass look about it which I like. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

Those bright colours are beautiful…great job

Federico Garcia
                                                My Blog
                                                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Such a lovely explosion of colour. Love it.

Chammi
                                                My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

So pretty! 😎

Penny
                                                I live in Wiltshire, England
                                                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.