Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting "Debbie Harry aka Blondie"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hope everybody’s having a great weekend ⛵🌞”deborah harry aka blondie” ,🎸🎷Oil on wood, 12 1/2 x13 3/4 in , I’m about to finish this painting any advice I would greatly appreciate it, I’ve been a huge fan of her music for many years, this is my second day working on it I used Mark Carder’s Geneva oil paints which I can’t express to you guys how much I like his oil paints thank you in advance.
    #deborahharry #debbieharry #blondie
    #oilpainting #paultorresart #artforsale #originalart* #narrativeart #figurativeart #realisticart #contemporaryart #newwavemusic #famousmusician #themarilynmonroeofpunk

Paul Torres

marksmomagain

I’ve seen her live years ago. Always one of my favs. Nice work:clap:

Thank you so much!! @marksmomagain have a good day 🤠🙏🤝

Paul Torres

floblue

My daughter loved her Debbie Harry. I think you are doing a great job on the painting. I need new paints soon thanks for the recommendation for Geneva oil paints.

@floblue thank you so much I’m so happy you liked it Mark Carder’s website is drawmix.com he also has a lot of free videos that are amazing I’ve been using his Geneva paints for over a year and my work has gotten better they’re really amazing they give me a little more time to work on my work https://genevafineart.com

Paul Torres

AnnieA

Somehow the colorful style you’ve used reflects her personality. A fun piece and nicely done.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                [FONT=Palatino]
                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Ellis Ammons

Nice work. The only thing for cc about your subject is that red line on her neck. It kinda looks like a cut.

You should try to remove all the horizontal lines in your ground for next time. I’m not sure if it’s brush strokes or the wood. If it’s brush strokes you can make them vertical and they wont catch glare. If it’s the wood you need to apply a thicker ground. I’ve seen some paintings on wood that weren’t properly prepared where the wood starts buckling and cracking along those wood grain lines. You want a nice thick ground over it to resist moisture.

On a side note I was thinking to myself how nice and juicy the paint you used looks.

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
                    oil and acrylic paintings..

@AnnieA Thank you so much! 🤠🙏

Paul Torres

@EllisAmmons Thank you kindly! I agree I should’ve given the wood at least 2 more coats of oil primer, I also realized those tiny cracks from the wood showing through, for next time 🤠👌

Paul Torres

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.