Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Matchbox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pintor

Hello all! This is my latest painting done on a 5×7 in. panel. For this painting I used raw umber, burnt umber, yellow ochre, lead tin yellow, burnt sienna, scarlet lake, viridian, ultramarine blue, van dyck brown and flemish white.

Comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking!!!

bhindi

Very interesting painting and composition.
            The only critique I have is that if it weren’t for the presence of the match, I would have had some trouble knowing that the object on the right is the matchbox, and not a poster/picture.

OzModern_Ryan

nicely done.
                what size brush or brushes?

Amian3d

I like the earthy tones in this painting, but as mentioned, i think the matchbox misses depth, just seeing a side plane of it would give it more weight.
                    The picture on the matchbox is really great!

WFMartin

I think the title, “Matchbox” really refers to the toy car, rather than to the poster-looking advertisement behind it.:) My kids had many Matchbox toy cars when they were young.

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
                        https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

pintor

Thank you, bhindi! I appreciate your kind comments and observations.

Thank you, OzModern Ryan! I’m using many small round brushes for the fine detailing: a 3/0, 5/0, and a 20/0..the brush that does the trick is the Princeton monogram 20/0 mini detailer brush. Good stuff!!!

Thank you, Amian3d! I appreciate your kind suggestion! I will add some little bit of side plane to make it appear more like a matchbox.

Thank you Bill! That was exactly my point with the small toy car..that´s why I was undecided to name this painting Matchbox or Matchboxes..as the toy car is also a Matchbox! The one I painted is from their “model of yesteryear” series, a 1914 Stutz.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.