WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > The Information Kiosk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
A Local Legend
Southern Michigan

Hails from United States
Re: Different Strokes: June '08

WoW! The gallery turned out amazing Anghwar! Thank you SO much! As I looked through the entries all together, I see the one point perspective was used in almost every one, and done well! It was harder than I thought it would be, and so was the painting, lol! Still fun though!

I'm so glad you posted again your painting and the manipulated reference photo, Anghwar! Man that's good! I actually like the left side being darker - it adds to the atmosphere of the piece! Outstanding details on the train area itself. Awesome! I also enjoyed and appreciated the discussion on the method you used for enhancing the reference! Great info!

Kathy - you've got a great start going here! I'll look forward to the final after you return from your road trip!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tony has cooked up for us for July's challenge!

Elizabeth

My Website: www.CrabtreeOriginals.com
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

..just checkin in to see if the July diff strokes was here, think I may be hooked on this project. Two new pics, Anghwar, very crisp, has the feel of a print about it, nice work. And Kathy, don't be downhearted it's full of strong vibes, great colours, it would make a good springboard into an abstract interpretaion I think, I really like it. Have a fun weekend all, bye for now, shelley
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Resting in Peace
US

Hails from United States

Thank you for the gallery, Anghwar. Amazing to see so many interpretations all so different. And thank you for hosting, Elizabeth. Enjoyed it.
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast
Lacey WA

Hails from United States

Hi everybody,

Thank you all for the nice comments on my painting, especially Cindy who called me a teacher never thought anyone could learn from me. Most of the time I feel I still paint with 2 left hands (I am righthanded)

Elizabeth thank you so much for hosting this has been the most fun I have had doing a different strokes up to now. When we came back it was a little hard to pick up where we left off. Kinda shyly finding my feet again around the site

Just to put the record straight the method of painting I described with the under/overexposure did not apply to this painting. It came about as a result of Angela mentioning the HDR photography.

#155   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
CO

Hails from United States

Fantastic Job everyone
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Wow, I am so impressed this month! So much creativity!

Forgive me for not making individual comments this time, but I've barely been home all week and now I have so much catching up to do... here, house, and yard, lol.

Here's my little ATC version. I kept it very simple.
2 1/2 x 3 1/2"
Attached Images

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #157   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Anghwar - thank you So cool to emulate the HDR photography Thanks for the gallery!!
Kathy - good start. Enjoy your trip!
Michelle - at that size it makes sense to simplify. Good job!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 03:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

...the gallery's great Angwar, nice to see us all together. Job well done. Shelley
  #159   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast
Lacey WA

Hails from United States

Michelle I am sorry I didn't wait for you before making the galleries, however your perspective is spot on, well done.

EP you are quite welcome, it was fun. OHO I can feel a HDR challenge coming

#160   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 06:28 AM
A Local Legend
Southern Michigan

Hails from United States

Oh my gosh Michelle, how in the word did you get all that on that tiny surface! Beautiful perspective and the painting is awesome!!!!! I'm so glad you were able to squeeze this challenge in! Hope your schedule lightens soon!

Elizabeth

#161   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Gulf Shores, AL

Hails from United States

What excellent work from everyone!
Hope it's not too late to submit. I cropped and printed the photo a couple of weeks ago but didn't get around to any painting it. I had a canvas with brown paint on it already so I taped it off and put the painting in the middle.
I just can't seem to get faces in profile to look good
Anyway, it's 4"x6" on canvas board. Limited palette of burnt sienna, burnt umber, tit. white and a dab of cad yellow medium. Oh, and some blue green mix left over from another project I threw in to give it a shot of color.

Thanks for looking.

#162   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast
Lacey WA

Hails from United States

Cherm, never too late to post, I am sorry you missed the gallery. Very clever to use the brown border, I love the light on the pillars and your colors work well together.

#163   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

It's ok Anghwar, I was really late this time. At least I wasn't the only one. Nice work Cherm.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #164   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 PM
A Local Legend
Southern Michigan

Hails from United States

Not too late for this one Cherm! We continued June for a week due to the site problems. I'm so glad you were able to squeeze this in. Terrific brickwork on the post and the figure is wonderful! You did good!!!!

Elizabeth

#165   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi all .
It's taken me ages to catch up on things since returning from holiday, so here goes with these ...... I seem to have missed a lot of 'fun' this past week and hopefully the current glitches will soon be cleared.

Steve: I like this - the colour is good, the lighting is very good and it does look like an underground station! (Whereas mine is like a 'trip' to Strawberry Fields!!! .... thank you, I liked your comment )

Jenny: Elvis lives! How romantic that he keeps his trysts in a deserted station!

Angela: - that's great! Practicing for the Olympics- super idea!

Serra: What great movement - it's like a train rushing through! super!

Sandra: I like the way you gave it arches instead of all the pillars! Love that motion one, it really has has that feeling of 'Whoosh' when a train goes through.

Vicki: I like those colours - no people? Ahhh - they just left on the last train!

EP: so glad Thelma made it to realise her 'dream' ..... she's the best-travelled turkey in Turkeydom.
Like the painting too - nice lighting and sense of depth.

Susan: I like the strength of this painting - love those black lines... colours lovely.

Cyndi: Love this colourful painting - the blocking works well and you have good coverage for this type of work. Very nice!

Assaf: What a super painting; I really like this interpretation and the thoughtful use of colour. It works very well indeed and isn't the least bit boring! That composite is interesting too - clever lad!

Elizabeth: Your sense of desolation works well - I'd hate to be the lone female on a platform like this at any time, never mind night-time!
Good texture and lovely colour.

Janet: Good work! I like the feeling of atmosphere taking away the sharpness of the structures.

Shelley: What a super painting - I love the composition! It reminds me so much of the helpless feeling you can get in strange stations when trying to find other platforms/exits etc. I find this work very interesting - glad you joined us! ....... and yes, a nod to Escher

Lillian: that's beautiful! It looks so much more friendly than the original!

Anghwar: I see you managed to get the upload in the larger size! Well done!
Love the colours here - and the textures.

Kathy: Good start - just finish when you can! Enjoy the trip

Michelle: Another deserted one! Lovely detail and so well drawn in such a tiny space. Nice work!

Cherm: Interesting tight crop there - glad you managed to join in!

Angwhar - thanks so much for doing the Galleries for Elizabeth and us - and now I'll try to find time to follow up on HDR photog. and the link Angela gave .. I've Bookmarked it!

Once again I'm very impressed with the standard of work and the Oh!-so-different interpretations .... thanks to everyone for joining in our forum Project again.

I'll copy this thread to the Information Kiosk, so if you need to find it any time, check there!

Many thanks for commenting on my psychedelic rendering ..... I think I've come down from the trip

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**